AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the BEV demo loop that they were playing a few days ago showed a scene from LOTR FOTR. Any ideas when this will be shown? That would be amazing.

Another question, why is it that the MHD and MCHD channels only broadcast at certain times. They show nothing for a day an then show a movie I want to see at 5 in the morning and never show it again. Why not repeat the movies that they have shown for people that missed them?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Presently on Vu:

About Schmidt / Monsieur Schmidt

Gangs of New York / Les Gangs de New York

Frida

Final Destination 2 / Destination Ultime 2

coming in september

The Quiet American

Head of State

in october

Chicago / Chicago v.fr.

Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers

Bowling for Columbine

House of 1000 Corpses

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
TMN and MC HD are not truly channels, they are just movies being sent out by BEV at the same time the SD channels are broadcasting them.

Then again, if you are getting both of them in your guide, you are stealing the signal and aren't in much of a position to complain about anything.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you pot a link to that infor from Bell? What channel is Final Destination2 on? I don't see it anywhere.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When TMN starts broadcasting a full lineup of HDTV as per HBO/SHowtime they will start to get more subs. When I first bought my 6000 over two years ago, I signed up for TMN to get thier HDTV stuff...but I was disappointed and cancelled. I thought with the new sat they would start a larger rotation of movies. According to this forum, that has not happened. Come on TMN get rolling, you have potential customers waiting.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's enough to make me want to set up dishnet. I'm extremely jelous of all the HD movies on HDNET or HBO.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If every HD owner in Canada (and those who pretend they're in Canada) who doesn't have TMN/MC signed it would not even BEGIN to pay for the costs involved.

People just don't seem to get it -- we are NOT a viable market yet, we are not even close to being one.

Quite apart from that, they can't broadcast what they don't have the rights to, and the American studios will not license titles to them in HD. That's why it's pretty much limited to titles released by Alliance/Atlantis and HBO/Showtime original productions.

You can't blame TMN for not buying something no one will sell them.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
DISH will have TTT on the 26th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.