AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
But the article does beg one question: what is a greenfly, and how much common sense does it have?

·
Registered
456 Posts
A common greenfly is a small insect, kind of aphid that one finds in one's garden in England especially on rosebushs (probably also in The Shire although I do not think Tolkein specifically mentioned them). Ladybirds (US: ladybugs?) eat greenfly larvae. Learn more here: http://www.which.net/gardeningwhich/.../greenfly.html

A common greenfly probably does not have very much sense at all. I would infer that the writer expects that even a person with very little sense will be curled up watching LOTR SEE.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Bring it on Peter Jackson. I got cash just waiting for you.

I'm more than happy to buy different versions of TTT :)

- Rick

·
Registered
208 Posts
from the website referenced:
They achieve this by giving birth to live young. In fact, the young carry more inside them as they are born!

Yikes! sounds horrible. Glad to know i have more sense than that.

·
Registered
728 Posts
"They achieve this by giving birth to live young. In fact, the young carry more inside them as they are born!"

Tribbles! I thought that we had seen the last of them...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by apg
"They achieve this by giving birth to live young. In fact, the young carry more inside them as they are born!"

Tribbles! I thought that we had seen the last of them...
McCoy: "The nearest thing I can figure out is that they're born pregnant, which seems to be quite a timesaver!"

:)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Bring on the multi-disc SE of all LOTR movies...I'm all over them. Just last night my wife and I watched the first disc of the FOTR SE and it looks great. Nice depth and color saturation, and good shadow detail. I didn't notice a whole lot to complain about on this one!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
From the official film site, part 2 of an interview with P.J.
Quote:
In the book, the Battle of Helm's Deep is a very violent affair. How does that translate onto the screen?

We've got a PG-13 battle scene, but it's a fairly gritty battle. It's about as far as we could possibly push it within that rating. We filmed some heads and limbs being chopped off which we've taken out. We'll probably put them back in the DVD, which will have an R rating.
P.J. also suggested that if you want to go see LOTR:TTT, you better watch the extended edition first, at least once. Three days till film opens...

fuad

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WriteSimple
P.J. also suggested that if you want to go see LOTR:TTT, you better watch the extended edition first, at least once. Three days till film opens...
We'll be doing that Monday night...then getting in line for the midnight show on Tuesday. If you're going to the 12:01 AM show at Chicago's River East 21, look for us. We should be at the front of the line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.