AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are from my buddy Peench (PSN and Live name as well, tell him goatmother sent you if you send him an invite) at pregamelobby.com (great casual gaming forum).

Lots of very cool pictures, new games like Pain which looks really fun. He liked it a lot as well as really enjoyed Little Big Planet. Also, pics of a new Warhawk map, new Drake pictures, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peench/...7600222561045/

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be Pain!

I guess I should have put Peench's impression, I'm still waiting on his Pain thread:

Quote:
I got a call early this morning (5/16/07) from my buddy who works at Sony in their PR department for gaming. He asked me what I was doing today. Innocent question, I thought. I told him I was simply working. He then tells me about the Gamer's Conference they are having at their San Diego offices and asks me if I want to come down. Well he didn't have to ask twice. I tied up some loose ends at the office and drove down.

I got quite a few photos as well as video. I was able to upload all the photos, but the video is going to take me a bit longer. I hope to have it all done as soon as possible and uploaded just as quickly. In the meantime, I will post as many of the photos as I can. If you want to see them in their entirety, check out THIS SET in my Flickr account.

I was pleasantly surprised by at least 2 titles today. The first was Little Big Planet. What looked like a pointless kids game at first blush is in fact a very interesting and highly addictive four-player cooperative/competitive game. It is hard to describe, but in the demo I played I was instantly hooked. I can imagine the laughs we'll have playing this game when it is released.

The second title that was a complete surprise was called Pain. Pain will be a downloadable title over PSN. I'll talk more about it in the thread I start, but briefly it reminded me of the insurance fraud mini-game in Saints Row. The physics in the game are what is is all about (oh yeah, and tossing around your character like a rag doll to inflict "pain" on him). Good times.

Thanks for your patience as I get all the videos and photos together, uploaded and posted.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

Quote:
The second title that was a complete surprise was called Pain. Pain will be a downloadable title over PSN. I'll talk more about it in the thread I start, but briefly it reminded me of the insurance fraud mini-game in Saints Row. The physics in the game are what is is all about (oh yeah, and tossing around your character like a rag doll to inflict "pain" on him). Good times.

Wow, that might be a world exclusive. First I've heard of it anyway. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Those were great. Thanks for linking to them.

Pain looks great. Quite a few of the games look great.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Confirmed the media blackout ends in half an hour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBishop via NeoGAF /forum/post/0

Mark and the GameVideos guys worked their asses off. I pray for poor Jason's soul. Seriously, though, Sony was pretty cool about letting people dump HD-res direct feed of stuff, so if you don't see it at midnight (this embargo was ****ing ****** as far as time needed to edit/encode stuff), you'll see it tomorrow. But for trailers and screens, yeah, you'll get it all about about 45 mins or so.

I don't know about everyone else there, but for me, I got the impression that Sony is actually going to be rocking things on the software front -- and surprisingly not just the PS3, but really the PSP and even the PS2 too. I think it was one of the best Gamers' Days -- if not the best -- they've ever had. In fact, there was so much stuff there that I don't think everyone really had enough time to properly play through everything, and yeah, there were a lot of multi-platform games that made their PS3 debut there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.