AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have dual MFW-15's being EQ'd through the 8033. I couldn't resist the newest sale from AV123 so I jumped on a third. My room is about 20x11x8 that opens up into another room behind me. Since I have no room at all up front for the third MFW I will be putting it in the back corner of the room blasting sideways behind me. After I re-calibrate the 8033 for the tripps what should I set the distance on my receiver to? I am about 13ft away from the duals but the third one will only be about 5ft away. Any ideas or thoughts?

· Registered
818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crOwcaine /forum/post/16841959

I currently have dual MFW-15's being EQ'd through the 8033. I couldn't resist the newest sale from AV123 so I jumped on a third. My room is about 20x11x8 that opens up into another room behind me. Since I have no room at all up front for the third MFW I will be putting it in the back corner of the room blasting sideways behind me. After I re-calibrate the 8033 for the tripps what should I set the distance on my receiver to? I am about 13ft away from the duals but the third one will only be about 5ft away. Any ideas or thoughts?

did your third arrive? I think we're gonna need some more pics of that nice HT you have.

· Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/16842084

Leave the distance the same on the reciever. Use the phase and gain controls on the third subwoofer to match with the other two.

After this upgrade, then it's time to go 'quad'.

ahhhh Quads. Virtually impossible unless I stack one on the third behind me, but the GF would kill me. I'm pretty sure that the 8033 corrects the phase between the three but I could be wrong. MK, impossible to put three upfront. As it is my 850's only have about 20" from the wall back/side. Gen, pics will come once the third is placed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.