AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an RCA F38310 and am very pleased so far, but I do have a concern.

In the three days I have owned the set, it has made a loud popping sound three times, kind of like what happens when you get a brown-out and the TV turns on and off quickly.

Is this anything I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
22,139 Posts
Depends...

Does it happen when switching inputs? Or... does it happen 'out of the blue'?

If it happens 'out of the blue', get it replaced.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You need to return the TV... possible problem with the High Voltage Rectifier.

^i^Cole^i^

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with Cole that your TV is probably starting to have problems with its high voltage section.

GE/RCA TVs are notorious for something known as "cold solder joints". It is basically bad solder which initally shows up as intermittent problems. It will eventually go altogether once it has annoyed the hell out of you.

Return it back for a replacement or refund.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
One other thing are using a Progressive scan DVD and are switching between progressive and interlaced this would cause a temporary brown color and pop noise. If not go with the other 3 AVS responders and get it replaced. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I recently experienced a similar problem. turned on my TV after being away for a few days and the picture at first stutttered then shrank in the middle then a loud pop and it snapped back into place. Seems a little blurry in the middle now.

I have the extended warranty from Sears -- but if RCA is no longer producing them waht will they replace it with?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not sure about the popping, but the set will make a "clicking" noise when it changes inputs...including switching from Antenna A to B to DTV.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Go to the Home Theater Spot and read this thread . It explains the problem and solutions.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.