AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with this? There is a loud ringing noise coming from the back of my LG 30FZ4d. It didn't start doing this until I hooked up a signal amp to my cable line to get a better picture. I have since unhooked the amp, but I still get the ringing noise in the back. Does anyone know what this is or/and how to stop it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the exact same problem. I just gave the TV a good smack on its back, and it stopped. It started making the sound on the 3rd day I had it, and it's now about a month, and it hasn't come back.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRonManNCSU
I had the exact same problem. I just gave the TV a good smack on its back, and it stopped. It started making the sound on the 3rd day I had it, and it's now about a month, and it hasn't come back.
Lol :D

That really worked out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've scoured the boards looking for an answer to this question and everyone's response seems to be "I returned the set and got a new one." I bought this TV almost a month ago and now I'm getting the annoying high-pitch whine coming out of the back. It's sporadict (comes on for a few minutes, then goes away for an hour) but it's enough to make me want to call LG to fix it.

Does anyone really know what makes this noise? I seem to have read somewhere that it's the color wheel, but I don't know enough about these things to know for sure...

Additionally, does anyone know what needs to be done to fix this? I've tried hitting the back of the set when it's making the noise but that doesn't do anything. I don't want to lug it back to BB, and I don't really want another TV....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, I did a little bit more research and it sounds like it might be something called "flyback squeal" and I'm sure it's covered by LG's warranty. Anyone care to comment?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man, it's been over a month and no one can comment on this? I'm sure someone out there knows what causes this and whether it's worth having my TV serviced to (try to) get it fixed...

·
Registered
516 Posts
You may have a faulty transformer that is oscillating creating the high pitch sounds you are hearing. It could also be related to various capacitors and/or rectifers that lead up to the transfomer which delivers the high voltage to your tube. Unless you have the schematics and are an engineer you can't fix it (I personally wouldn't bother). Take it back or get it fixed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I placed a coaster underneath the right side of the tv and I haven't hgeard the noise since. If you press against the casing you'll notice that the noise stops. You just have to find some way to keep the casing pressed down. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.