AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know when the first non PBS digital station is planning to go on the air. Or are they all to busy filling out their waver requests.

Just as a long shot has anyone had success receiving Indy or Cincy stations. If so what part of the county and with what type of equipment.

Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike. There are a few posts on the Louisville HDTV rollout in past threads using the search feature. My email contacts with the station managers of all the stations this past summer got replies stating they plan to switch on in time for the May 2002 deadline. No talk of delay or waivers. There are even rumors from station insiders that testing may begin in March-April. On the 2nd question about Indy or Cincy, no luck for me on that one. Waiting on the locals OTA. Just 3-6 more months until HDTV in Louisville!:D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Rumor has it that:

WHAS has the dual path microwave in place

Also they have their antenna in place.

WLKY and WAVE are building a site together.

The tower is being built as we speak

It is on floyd knobs

{KET}WKPC-DT is on the air with a new transmitter

{KET}WKMJ-DT(68)may come up next year

WDRB ?????

WBKI ?????

Lexington:

{KET}WKLE DT should be on the air this week

Owenton:

{KET}WKON DT is on the air as of last week

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wa4ryb
WooWoo,

Thanks for the Excellent Rumor Update! I think I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.......

Max
Maybe.. Last time I emailed WLKY & Wave3 they replied May 2002. So it means we will not be watching Marchmadness Final Four in HD again.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Rumor update:

The tower is up at the new

WAVE(3)

WLKY(32)

WDRB(41)

WFTE(58)

Site

The antenna is going up as we speak

No building or transmitters yet.

As you can see most of the commercial stations will be coming from the site.

Which will make antenna pointing easier.

With the exception of WHAS(11) and WBKI.

It should be a good spring

Also:

More KET stations are on the way.....

·
Registered
402 Posts
Gentlemen (and Ladies): Start your engines. Derby City is on the verge of going HI DEF!!!

Woo woo, what is your estimate on the time involved with "building and transmitters"? Are these on site at the tower and need to be constructed? are they typically metal bldgs. that can go up in a few days or are they traditional stick and brick? I understand that WHAS already is good to go and are just waiting perhaps for political reasons.

Anybody got additional insider news?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any of these stations to come on line. I will truly be surprised if any commercial networks are up by the May deadline, IMHO. Thank God for Canadian satellite, it saves me from watching any local TV!

I glad we have PBS here in Louisville or we'd have nothing at all!:)

·
Registered
402 Posts
The chief engineer at WDRB has emailed me that there will be a "significant" announcement after Jan. 1, 2002 from his station related to the super bowl. That's a bit cryptic, but one can always hope. I realize even if they go digital and pass thru it is FOX and therrefore 480p max, but since I'm not spoiled yet I will take what I can for now.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I would be shocked if wdrb had the super bowl broadcast in digital. It would make me happy to see someone at least trying, even though FOX is only doing 480p. Maybe it would put a little pressure on the other stations to get in gear? Man, that is wishful thinking:(

·
Registered
226 Posts
are up and running because I am about 5 miles from the floyd's knobs attenna's:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.