AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ville vs. The U

Classic match-up between David and Goliath. Should be a barn burner. Hard to predict what will happen on the field. The Orange Bowl at night is a wild place. Will the Canes show up? Do the Cards have a chance?

Nice to see ESPN-HD is doing Thurs. PM games in HD. :cool:

· Registered
742 Posts
I look at it as the team that Howard Schnellenberger built (Miami) verses the program he resurrected (Louisville). The Ville took down Florida State a few years ago on Thursday night. Could the Ville make a repeat performance? I hope Miami wins because a loss to Louisville does not help FSU in the ACC standings.

· Registered
2,170 Posts
All Thursday Night games are in HD. Nothing special about this one.

· Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe I guess I felt obliged to tip my hat to HD since this is an HD board. It is a good excuse for sports talk though.

I can't wait until most (or all) college football games are in HD. Don't worry I'm not holding my breath!

It's great to see the Ville in HD for the first time in football. Our basketball team has been on in HD on several HD broadcasts including HDNET, CBS & ABC.

Go Cards!

· Registered
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ANSEK
I look at it as the team that Howard Schnellenberger built (Miami) verses the program he resurrected (Louisville). The Ville took down Florida State a few years ago on Thursday night. Could the Ville make a repeat performance? I hope Miami wins because a loss to Louisville does not help FSU in the ACC standings.
You better worry about FSU getting past Virginia b/c I know that I am. I see shades of FSU v. Clemson from last year for this Virginia game. I think we will see FSU get ripped in hd on Saturday night. Jeff Bowden must be fired.

Good day,

· Registered
8,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PCS
The Ville vs. The U

Nice to see ESPN-HD is doing Thurs. PM games in HD. :cool:
Dang it!, I'm really gonna have to break down and get an HD-Tivo ... What sadistic b****** scheduled this game for a Thursday night? :D

· Registered
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie
The Ville will beat The U 38-35 on a last-second field goal. Always happen when 2 good teams get together.

Wolfie
No, Miami does not lose games on last second field goals. Ask FSU.

· Registered
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wjbjr
No, Miami does not lose games on last second field goals. Ask FSU.
No Miami just tends to lose big like they did against Va Tech last year. Ask Miami.

· Registered
83 Posts
Went to the GA. Tech game (vs. Canes) and hopefully if they (and Brock) can continue the big play scores, they should not have a problem. I don't think the 'ville' has played against a "D" like the U's... It will be nice to see the U in HD on ESPN though... Go C-A-N-E-S !!!

· Registered
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by miamijoe
Went to the GA. Tech game (vs. Canes) and hopefully if they (and Brock) can continue the big play scores, they should not have a problem.
That won't last long. GT had some blown coverages in the secondary so it was easy to make B Berlin look good.

· Registered
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AFH
That won't last long. GT had some blown coverages in the secondary so it was easy to make B Berlin look good.
Yes we did. I made the trip back to Atlanta to catch this one ... how dissapointed I was.

Louisville's defense is top 5 in the nation thus far. Unfortunately I don't think the Jackets were much of an indication as to how Berlin may perform for the rest of the year.

CFC

· Registered
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike4HDTV
Go Canes!
Boooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

· Registered
4,423 Posts
Game looked good (D*) except for some of the longer distance shots. I thought all close shots and camera angles looked great.

Great outcome, as well :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.