AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little thing i think all you guys would like.

Here at The most cool forum in the world we all know

what it means to love a movie you realy hate.
Post your name in this post to show all the guys that made

this super forum, just to help all you projector freaks out there

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
-

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I don't get your message!!!??? But I am willing to admit that this forum helped me a lot in the last 2 years. Big thanks to the AVS Team.

Bruno

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The message cant be that hard to understand.....We all think more about the picture from the projector then about the movie itself....now start posting ungratefull projector freaks:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm sorry, but your message really doesn't make sense, like the other guy said.

Don't mean to crap on your obviously well meant thread.

Perhaps a more concise explanation of what you expect to have happen?

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Maybe we don't understand what you want to say because we don't see the picture? A picture is worth a 1000 words they say.

Bruno

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh man i'm soooo sorry....the picture is still on my hard drive, damn do i feal dumb.....i will post the picture he he....GOD !!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the picture that was to be displayes in my first msg.......i hope....sorry guys

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well....we can't have it all now can we.......but now i hope you all get the msg.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Now I get it. You see I am not that dumb! :)

That actually append to me from time to time. I remember last time that I rented Army of Darkness. The movie is funny but not that great. But I was really impressed by the quality of the picture. I played a few scene more than once just to look at skin tone. :) :)

Bruno

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I long for the days when I watched a movie with my TV set. Since I never dicked around with the picture settings when the movie was running I could remember what I had seen when the movie ended. That all changed with front projection. I no longer concentrate on the movie itself. I'm constantly looking at the "picture" instead. Constantly changing the settings.

Bob Wood

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
Lost In Space and Hollow Man!
Hollow Man - yikes! But, I actually liked "Lost in Space", and I saw it on a 27" TV. I think it gets a bum rap.

- Dave

·
Registered
24,792 Posts
DaveT,

I have great respect for you! When I mention that I use LIS for even its demo potential I have always taken a lot of **** for it! RobertWood , I've noticed the same thing for a long time. I actually started a relatively short lived thread called"can you actually watch a movie" with this same theme. I find also that I look at some obscure detail in the background and miss the important action! One time I was caught by the guys shoes while he was reading a note central to the plot,and I never read the note. Things seemed to not make much sense after that! I guess I could always just sit further back.:eek:

Art

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
You guys are pathetic! Watch a movie for the image quality? I'm one who always uses some of the best films of all time to demo my HT gear, such as Lost In Space and Hollow Man!
Pathetic ????? strong words....perhaps you're not sure what the word hobby means.....A fisherman don's always catch fish because hes hungry...a guy that loves cars don't always drive to reach a destination....and A PROJECTIONIST ORE PROJECTOR LOVER, DOESN'T ALWAYS WATCH MOVIES FOR THE LOVE OF THE MOVIE, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF THE PROJECTOR.

Yes there are people that upgrade just to get a bigger picture, but there are also the kind that upgrades to be able to tweak, adjust and simply just play with the darn projector.

hope I made my point clear !!!!

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Nic, I think that Art is just having a little bit of fun with everyone.

:rolleyes:

At least that's how I took his posts...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.