AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thrilled this is coming out, a terrific romantic/holiday comedy. Love the movie. Almost ordered the French import earlier this year, but now glad I waited. Link to news.

November 3rd is shaping up to be quite a release day...

- Forrest Gump

- Heat

- North by Northwest

- Say Anything

- The Negotiator

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thanks Brajesh for the GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm shocked that Universal is releasing a catalog title that was not on HD DVD first. I hope they release other catalog titles before the catch up with all of their hd dvd titles. I guess I'll try to sell my d-theater tape now while it may still have some value.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I bought the D-Theater D-VHS ages ago and thought I was gonna double dip on the HD DVD.. but that never materialized. One of the Christmas movies I watch this every year as well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
It's about frickin' time.......WOOHOO!!! One of our absolute favorites!!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Watch this movie every single year around Christmas. This is great news.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I also love the movie. The first time I saw it was in Leichester Square in London (I live in the US). I knew nothing about the movie, but had some time to kill. What a pleasant surprise that was.

Kind of the same experience when I saw My Fair Lady in Covent Gardens. Not comparaing the movie to the musical, just the location bonus.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A favorite! Wish they'd branch in the deleted scenes. The pr0n popups scene is hilarious :-D

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
A couple of the deleted scenes were so good they should not have been removed from the film.

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Notting Hill will probably come out fairly soon as Universal already put it out on HD DVD. Bridget Jones's Diary is out on Blu-ray in the UK on 10/12, so maybe the U.S. is around that time as well.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Umm.. did dante not come out over a year after the HD DVD format was available?

I have too many video formats for notting hill. LD, D-Theater, DVD, HD-DVD... doubt I buy the BD.

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys are right. It was more wishful thinking on my part. Tony, you must love 'Notting Hill' to buy it on 4 formats
! For Blu-ray reissues of already released HD DVDs, almost all of which I own, I see no need to buy again.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I bought it twice, the LD in 1999 (in the "are they still making LD?" era) and the D-Theater version in 2004 (in the "WTF? HD on VHS??" era). The hd dvd I got in a used lot purchase and the dvd were just included in a promo pack that was given away to a media reviewer, then re gifted to me.

btw the Notting Hill HD DVD is better then the D-Theater version!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
ouch!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts