AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the best Blu-Ray transfers I have seen, especially the contrast which is incredible. Part of the screen pop is probably the lighting on the set, which is a bit overdone, but the image has tremendous depth and colors.

The sound is also good, almost too good, the actors sound like all those talk radio hosts that have their mics tuned to accentuate their voice. And get this - here is a romantic comedy that will work your subwoofer.

Unfortunately, the story is pretty much awful, the script is awkward, and the 2 beautiful people that star in this movie (Aniston and Eckhart) are the type of actors that need a good script to succeed. The movie itself is a huge bomb. There is one good line in the whole movie: "Just be careful, men - are hairy."

But how about that screen pop!

· Registered
3,948 Posts
I rented this one and watched it last night.

I agree the pq and aq were very good. Most films of this genre don't use surrounds much. This one appeared to have a sound engineer that actually understood surround sound.

I think this film got the wrong advertising approach. I saw Jennifer Aniston as more of a supporting character than a co-star. Her role in this film was like her role in Office Space.

The film was really about Eckhart's character and his recovery from grief.

I'd recommend giving this one a try, despite reviews that tend to overplay the plot being familiar ground.

· Registered
580 Posts
I was tolerating this movie with low expectations as the movie followed all of the necessary plot points, don't like each other, like, don't like for a small reason, like again, but oh my god, the "slow clap" scene!? Hasn't that been officially banned already?

· Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't mind sappy predictable romantic comedies, but they better have some believable emotional scenes and more than 1 giggle. This one had none of that. Aniston was just off ... and honestly, for once she didn't even look stunning. Her face was wide and her eyes never gave that Aniston glint.

Aaron Eckhart also never hits his stride, the "Thanks for Smoking" star seems incapable of showing sadness or soul searching believably.

The support actors were fairly good, except Eckhart's on-screen manager who seemed to flub a couple major scenes. The parrot in the movie may have done the best performance of the bunch.

· Registered
27,728 Posts
Watched it... Stupid story, another reason why Jennifer Aniston will never lerad anything worth watching. Sappy, stupid and ridiculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.