Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m solving one problem after the other. Here´s my next problem:

While the vga-input (input A) gives a very beautiful picture I have problems using the video input.

The brightness is very low, even though I set the bright and contr settings to the max. I tried using a very short cable, tried to turn on and off the picture enhancement for the video-input, I checked the color-temp, the bias ...

Nothing helps. Is it possible that there are switches to set, just like on the a-board for the resistors which set the input-impedance to 75 ohm ?

I have no further idea, does anybody have one?

ciao

Sven

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
There are internal settings, but they can't (and shouldn't) be touched without the proper equipment and extender boards. Unless something is wrong with the projector (or someone's been fooling inside the pj), you shouldn't be having that problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Techman,

I didn´t mention, that I did turn off the ABG. With ABG turned on I have a much brighter picture, quite nice (but the brightness control takes no effect anymore). The reason I turned it off is that the black isn´t black anymore, I can see fly-back lines and the tubes can´t be turned off completely anymore. Bias and G2 settings seem to have no effect when ABG turned on.

In a previous discussion I had the problem, that the blue tube wouldn´t be turned off completely. With a improved G2 adjustment it works when ABG turned off.

ciao

Sven

By the way: What is the G2 electrically? Is it some voltage in the Tubes, or an offset ...?

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
So you have the "old" firmware (1.03). You need to have the brightness control repaired. The problem is on the PA board. Look for a bad cap in the 115v (DC) supply.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK...I will do that!

But, did I mention that with the ABG turned off the brightness control works with input-A and with the video or s-video input.

I just don´t know which features are in which mode available.

ciao

Sven

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
If the brightness control works with the ABG off then it's either probably ok or maybe the bad cap is just leaky. However, you don't have "very much" range on the brightness control with the ABG on, but you should still see some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.