AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several months of planning and equipment acquisition, my HT on a budget is operating, though not yet finished. Still to come: new seating and in-wall shelving for equipment.

SONY HS-10 projector (w/DIY ceiling mount)

DIY 100" (diag.) grey screen

Samsung SR 165 OTA HD Tuner

RCA progressive scan DVD Player

Pioneer VSX 811s 6.1 Receiver

Pioneer LD 1070 Laserdisc player

Dish Network Satellite Receiver

2 RCA 12" Sub woofers (200w ea.)

RCA Front, Center & Surround Speakers.

The room is 16' X 13' X 11'. Formerly housed a toy train layout. Fantastic picture, adequate surround sound. All in all, more enjoyable than the local multiplex. Sports programs in HD are especially impressive. Pix to follow soon.

·
Banned
460 Posts
Thats an impressive train room. I used to build some layouts at a local club here, very fun stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
UPGRADEITIS, CAREFUL IT CAN BE FATAL. HA!HA!HA!HA!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by davidftuel
This is a view of my HT from the screen position.
What, only 7 remotes on the table? How can you get by?

Actually, my wife gets mad when I leave more than one or 2 remotes out at a time.

Nice setup. And you solved one problem by not having any seats for the mother-in-law or neighbors! LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mach250:

That was the first location for the PJ. I installed a shelf that created a space above the door. Fan noise was less audible with this setup. However, due to the Sony's long throw lens, this position made the image too large to fit my screen. It was easier to move the PJ than to build a new screen. I spent 2 hours one Saturday morning wandering around my local Home Depot, until I was able to piece together my DIY mount.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RockScaler
What, only 7 remotes on the table? How can you get by?

Actually, my wife gets mad when I leave more than one or 2 remotes out at a time.

Nice setup. And you solved one problem by not having any seats for the mother-in-law or neighbors! LOL
Pot head, you only need one remote. Use a All in one that is not crap or just use one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.