AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought the BenQ W1080ST. My very first, and loving it! The problem is that I hate how I have to have it dangle down from the ceiling.
Are there mounts where I can have it mounted flushed against the ceiling?

One option that came to mind is to mount it on a metal plate slightly wider than the projector, and screw the plate tight against the ceiling.

Do I have any other "professional" options?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Yeah, it totally depends on the mount you are purchasing. The Chief RPA series are some of the lowest profile mounts out there. If you go for a custom plate (or modify a used plate) you can get an even lower profile than the universal plates.

Now, what you are describing sounds like it makes sense, but it doesn't.

You MUST be able to adjust tilt/yaw/rotation for the projector. If your ceiling isn't level to the screen, then you can't adjust it with what you are describing. You also can't rotate the projector, or tilt it if it's not square to the screen.

Realistically, the concept is really nice and something I've been bouncing around with for a few days. I may put together some sort of design for a flush ceiling mount that gets the projector within an inch of the ceiling in some manner and maintains adjustments, and universal fit. Not sure if I can keep quick release in the mix... but maybe. It's certainly a request that I've heard more than once and would be a nice product to add to the mix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts