AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandarKoad /forum/post/21524447

On that note, what about the spectros holding accuracy in freezing temperatures?

No they are designed with a operating temperature in mind. For most it is 60-90F outside of that range and you can see errors. Spectro's are subject to internal mechanical alignment of the sensors. Outside of the operating range and the sensor alignment can be off effecting accuracy.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/0

What software would you use it with? The bundled software is useless for HT type calibration and it doesn't work with HCFR.

If you plan to buy a calibration software like ChromaPure ($200 for base version) you can get that with the meter for $420 and that's maybe $10 difference and you don't have to buy on Ebay with the risks involved with that. So I would have to think $200 for an Ebay i1 Display 3 is not a good deal.

I don't really see what is so great about the i1 Display 3. It is better in some ways than other colorimeters but it's still a colorimeter. It would work best in conjunction with a spectrophotometer like the i1 pro.

When the i1display3 came out, I already had the i1display2 and I didn't see much reason to go that same route again. I bought a Eye One pro and now I can profile my colorimeter to whatever light source I want to measure .... any time at all.

-Brian

May I know where I can buy a brand new i1pro spectro (with overseas shipping)?

·
Registered
194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/0

Try google or amazon.

Overseas to where?

Here's amazon's link for the UK...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Rite-i1-Ph...327443&sr=8-21

-Brian

Overseas shipping to Hong Kong.

Can I buy the meter alone? Or should I buy it with a software bundle? I have a Spyder3 already. Want to keep using ColorHCFR (with Spyder3 profiled against the i1pro).

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominickwok /forum/post/21535034

Can I buy the meter alone? Or should I buy it with a software bundle? I have a Spyder3 already. Want to keep using ColorHCFR (with Spyder3 profiled against the i1pro).

you can probably get a used one on ebay that will ship overseas but generally they all come package with a software, not the i1pro alone.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominickwok /forum/post/21535034

We do have used i1Pro's we do sell from time to time as part of our new i1Pro trade in program.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith /forum/post/21522725

I would be careful on buying a used colorimeter. You don't know how it has been stored, used or treated. They can drift over time mostly because of heat and/or humidity. I would also be careful about buying old stock for the same reason.

We do have the last of the new X-Rite Display2's in stock: http://www2.spectracal.com/shared/we...e58448d3c7d90b

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith /forum/post/21547299

We do have the last of the new X-Rite Display2's in stock: http://www2.spectracal.com/shared/we...e58448d3c7d90b

isnt that a non-issue when profiling it from the i1pro that may not have this issue. To me it would make no sense to buy an the D3 since a used id2 would be cheaper and just profiled ..so saving money here makes sense buying used..or do I have this wrong.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlo /forum/post/21548465

isnt that a non-issue when profiling it from the i1pro that may not have this issue. To me it would make no sense to buy an the D3 since a used id2 would be cheaper and just profiled ..so saving money here makes sense buying used..or do I have this wrong.

the D3 does have much better low light sensitivity, which means the profiled colorimeter would maintain it's accuracy with darker test patterns than a profiled D2

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U /forum/post/21548476

the D3 does have much better low light sensitivity, which means the profiled colorimeter would maintain it's accuracy with darker test patterns than a profiled D2

I do not disagree I guess on that but can the argument be the same with a used D3 if available..see what I mean..You can probably purchase a D2 for about $30 used or so (hell I have a old DTP94 I never use) - so for about $200 or more savings..Id take the D2 - Im sorry I just have not seen what the difference in low light accuracy is from a new d2 and a d3. If I were to purchase today - outside of the i1pro - Id go for D3 but if I already had a i1pro - I just like the cost savings.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlo /forum/post/21548574

I do not disagree I guess on that but can the argument be the same with a used D3 if available..see what I mean..You can probably purchase a D2 for about $30 used or so (hell I have a old DTP94 I never use) - so for about $200 or more savings..Id take the D2 - Im sorry I just have not seen what the difference in low light accuracy is from a new d2 and a d3. If I were to purchase today - outside of the i1pro - Id go for D3 but if I already had a i1pro - I just like the cost savings.

using a D2 would be fine, but cost aside the D3 should return better results at 20% gray and below and possibly with 75% Blue, which is the darkest of all measured colors when doing gamut

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U /forum/post/21548604

using a D2 would be fine, but cost aside the D3 should return better results at 20% gray and below and possibly with 75% Blue, which is the darkest of all measured colors when doing gamut

so let me ask is the i1pro accurate enough then for gamut IF Blue 75% intensity is low and used for CMS

·
Registered
12,455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlo /forum/post/21548768

so let me ask is the i1pro accurate enough then for gamut IF Blue 75% intensity is low and used for CMS

depends on the actual luminance level of the test pattern... perhaps someone can provide exact figures for this?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The i1 pro works just fine doing color based on 75% levels.

Regards

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread.. I need to buy a colorimeter to calibrate white balance on my replaced display. What is the best one to get now? I'm thinking something that is easy to use and doesn't cost too much. I really only need one for my display.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread.. I need to buy a colorimeter to calibrate white balance on my replaced display. What is the best one to get now? I'm thinking something that is easy to use and doesn't cost too much. I really only need one for my display.
The i1 Display Pro is very popular and capable for it's low price. If you are just going to use it more or less one time you can always rent one (on Hygglo.se for example).

·
Registered
136 Posts
The i1 Display Pro is very popular and capable for it's low price. If you are just going to use it more or less one time you can always rent one (on Hygglo.se for example).
Ok thanks, So if I get the i1 display pro and the calman home for lg software I'll be able to calibrate white balance in service menu and then do an autocal in the user menu as well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok thanks, So if I get the i1 display pro and the calman home for lg software I'll be able to calibrate white balance in service menu and then do an autocal in the user menu as well?
Yes.
If you get Calman LG Home make sure to get Beta 2021 and just do full AutoCal. The Beta works very well. I wouldn't mess around with user menu.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes.
If you get Calman LG Home make sure to get Beta 2021 and just do full AutoCal. The Beta works very well. I wouldn't mess around with user menu.
Ok thanks. I did order the i1 display pro. Will wait to get at least 100 hrs on the tv. Hopefully an autocal will fix the annoying magenta push my new panel exhibits.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts