AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for low cost component video switch but to not want to put cost before quality. I think I read somewhere that for HD the bandwidth needs to be at least 28 MHz. Is this true? Also I read that a passive switch is better because there is is no signal degradation. Is this statement also true? The unit I was looking at is the JVC JX-S111 Multiple Component Switch, any one have any experience with this unit? Any input is appreciated. Thanks DRB

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you really want to save some bucks get a Radio Shack A/V switchbox. I have a 4 input/1 output Svidio/ RCA switchbox that now serves as my component switchbox between my Tosh Progressive Scan DVD and my HTPC. I can honestly say I haven't seen any signal degredation through the switchbox and it cost me $30cdn 2 years ago.

You can of course buy what you want but it's worth a try and if you don't like it you can easily take it back.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought a used Inline 2-way auto RGBS switcher on Ebay for less than $20 shipped. This works fine for component (YUV).

There are lots of deals like this on Ebay - just look around but be careful who you buy from.

·
Registered
315 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.