Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I am looking for a low cost in-wall speaker for a basement remodel. Just want to get something to last a couple of years and then get upgraded.

I found the following for sale on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3276

They are remanufactured "Infinity ERS 640 In-Wall Speakers with Bracket"

Anyone have any opinion or experience with these speakers? Anyone every buy from this supplier (Harmon Audio Factory Store)?

The remanufactured part has me a little worried, but they do come with manufacturer's warranty and for about $70 for the pair the risk level is low.

Please do not respond with any posts/diatribes about how bad it is to buy off E-bay - I have read enough of those.

Thanks for any help you can give -

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have bought several items from the Harman Audio E-bay store and all have been in great condition, including some Infinity Interlude speakers. In fact, everything looks new, although identified as refurbished. While I don't have any experience with the in-wall speakers you are considering, I don't think you need to worry about their condition. Harman extends full warranty to the units they sell on E-bay, and from what I read they are responsive to any problems you may have. If you are satisfied the speaker is what you want, then I think you can buy with confidence.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've purchased speakers from Harman Audio through Ebay on two occasions. Both times the speakers were delivered in mint condition. I would highly reccomend them. I don't think you have to worry about ebay as much when dealing with a known company like Harman.

One time they forgot to charge me for the shipping. Evetually they found me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.