AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The WRGB OLED EDR for i1Display PRO users available in ColourSpace/LightSiace has been created from X-Rite + LightIllusion + FSI based on spectral samples using an LG OLED panel (FSI 55 OLED model).

How to get this WRGB EDR file?

1)
For users with ColourSpace, this file EDR file is available here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Light Illusion\ColourSpace\i1d3 Support Files

2) For users with ColourSpaceZRO, this file EDR file is available here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Light Illusion\ColourSpaceZRO\i1d3 Support Files

3) For users with LightSpace, this file EDR file is available here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Light Illusion\LightSpace CMS\i1d3 Support Files

4) For non-ColorSpace/LightSpace users, at @ LightIllusion General Download page.

Any of those methods are avaioable for CalMAN users to improve their calibration with CalMAN.

i1Display PRO users of CalMAN have only an RGB OLED table available, useful for Sony Broadcast RGB OLEDs only.

So CalMAN users with i1Display PRO can improve their calibration with CalMAN, using that free spectral correction file!

SpectraCAL C6/C6HDR/C6HDR2000 colorimeters use EDR with spectral data taken from FSI 65 OLED (LG OLED Panel) for the WRGB OLED table.

Both FSI 55/65 OLEDs use the same LG WRGB OLED Panel.

After the file replacement, CalMAN users will have to select OLED table to their i1Display PRO, but it will load the WRGB OLED table.

Using that method, CalMAN users will get better results compared to RAW XYZ selection.

I quoting Tyler to able to write specific instructions (or other users) about that file replacement or record a video on YouTube:

If you have an EDR You could in theory just rename it to an existing one’s name and replace that one. They are stored in the c:/ProgramData/spectracal/xx directory.
In theory you could just rename the EDR to an existing name that is supported, And then replace that one with the renamed file.
Instructions

Download the WRGB OLED EDR file from LightIllusion -> General Download (select WOLED EDR)

Use your Windows Explorer and enable Hidden Items.

Go there:

C:\ProgramData\Portrait Displays\CalMAN 5 Home\Data\i1D3

You will see that file:

OLEDFamily_20Jul12.edr

Copy the name: OLEDFamily_20Jul12

Rename the FSI_XM55U_23Jan19.edr to OLEDFamily_20Jul12.edr

Paste the new OLEDFamily_20Jul12.edr and override here:

Using your CalMAN, select OLED for your i1Display PRO (not RAW XYZ)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi,

I can't find the folder where the .edr are stored in my computer, can you help me please?

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's a really good upgrade for any i1 Display Pro user that doesn't have access to a spectro.
I did a quick and dirty comparison for fun a few months ago when I used a lower end ColorMunki Spectro to profile my i1 Display Pro:

The FSI EDR is at the top and the profile created with the ColorMunki Spectro is at the bottom. I forgot to change the delta e scaling on the top graph though.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I can't find the folder where the .edr are stored in my computer, can you help me please?

Thanks
Hi,

Download the WRGB OLED EDR file from LightIllusion -> General Download (select WOLED EDR)

Go there:

You will see that file:

OLEDFamily_20Jul12.edr

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you so much for this. This is exactly what is needed to get more people into calibration. I truly hope that X-rite, Lightillusion and FSI keep making these, and I hope that Spectracal came on board as well. Because let's face it. If there are affordable solutions like this, more people will get into calibration, which will benefit everyone in the calibration industry. Instead of giving up when realizing the price of a spectro and a pattern generator, and thereby refraining from buying calibration software etc., solutions like this and the PGenerator will keep enthusiasts going and spreading the word. Perhaps even investing in more expensive gear ahead. Kudos to you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone explain how I'm supposed to use the General Downloads request form on the Light Illusion site to get this EDR file? Maybe I'm just stupid but no matter which fields I complete the Request Download button does nothing, like it's greyed-out.

I have made a donation to enable General Download access but I got nothing. Is there some manual backend process I'm supposed to be waiting for?

EDIT: Steve from Light Illusion just followed up with me; turns out the download request form is locked, but after I made the donation to General Downloads I was taken to a unique page with an unlocked version of the download request form which I failed to notice. Thanks Ted and Steve for sorting me out so quickly!

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two questions:

1. Can this file be used for an LG OLED65CX (Mod. 2020)? Panel type=WOLED?
  2. Can it be used with an i1Display PRO PLUS?
Hi,

The EDR can be used from i1Display PRO OEM/Retail/Retail PLUS users.

The FSI+LightIllussion+X-Rite EDR uses spectral data taken from FSI 55 OLED (LG OLED Panel).

SpectraCAL C6/C6HDR/C6HDR2000 colorimeters use EDR with spectral data taken from FSI 65 OLED (LG OLED Panel) for the WRGB OLED table.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is this EDR file available in ColourSpaceZRO?
Hi,

Yes, it's available to any license level of ColourSpace (including ZRO) for all these meters:

X-Rite ColorMunki Display, X-Rite i1Display Studio
X-Rite i1Display PRO OEM, X-Rite i1Display PRO Retail, X-Rite i1Display PRO Plus Retail
SpectraCAL C6 / C6-HDR / C6-HDR2000, or Portrait Displays C6-HDR2000
HP DreamColor / NEC SpectraSensor Pro / Quato Silver Haze 3
Wacom Color Manager / ASUS ProArt i1Display PRO

·
Registered
9 Posts
The WRGB OLED EDR for i1Display PRO users available in ColourSpace/LightSiace has been created from X-Rite + LightIllusion + FSI based on spectral samples using an LG OLED panel (FSI 55 OLED model).

It's now available as a free download @ LightIllusion General Download page, as a gift to CalMAN users to improve their calibration with CalMAN.

i1Display PRO users of CalMAN have only an RGB OLED table available, useful for Sony Broadcast RGB OLEDs only.

So CalMAN users with i1Display PRO can improve their calibration with CalMAN, using that free spectral correction file!

After the file replacement, CalMAN users will have to select OLED table to their i1Display PRO, but it will load the WRGB OLED table.

Using that method, CalMAN users will get better results compared to RAW XYZ selection.

I quoting Tyler to able to write specific instructions (or other users) about that file replacement or record a video on YouTube:

Instructions

Go there:

You will see that file:

OLEDFamily_20Jul12.edr

It's now available as a free download @ LightIllusion General Download page, as a gift to CalMAN users to improve their calibration with CalMAN.

Instructions

Go there:

You will see that file:

OLEDFamily_20Jul12.edr

quick question, will this benefit the AutoCal for an LG CX using a xrite Pro meter?

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
You appear to have not done much reading in these threads yet. This has been discussed a lot.

A Pro (no other qualifier) is a spectrophotometer and does not use EDRs. If you mean an I1 Display Pro (called I1D3 hereabouts), that is a colorimeter and if it is otherwise not profiled with a spectro to the display under test, the answer is "probably".

That EDR is no longer free, by the way. To access the download, you must make a donation to the website that hosts it.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
quick question, will this benefit the AutoCal for an LG CX using a xrite Pro meter?
Hi,

CalMAN has an OLED EDR table (spectral correction) for the i1Display PRO (colorimeter).

It suitable for Sony Broadcast RGB OLED, not for WRGB OLED (LG's or other OLEDs with LG WRGB OLED Panel)

All i1DisplayPRO users with WRGB OLED panels will benefit from that WRGB OLED EDR table.

The color accuracy will improve when you have i1Display PRO, without access to a spectro to perform a meter correction table.

The AutoCAL results will not improve; they will be the same, just the meter will read more accurately the colors.

Your dE and results are not related to the meter table you will use; the color of your preserved picture will look better.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi,

The EDR can be used from i1Display PRO OEM/Retail/Retail PLUS users.

The FSI+LightIllussion+X-Rite EDR uses spectral data taken from FSI 55 OLED (LG OLED Panel).

TED, will this EDR work with the 2021 LG G1 / Sony A90J / Panasonic JZ2000 Oleds which have a different spectral response?

·
Registered
19,964 Posts
TED, will this EDR work with the 2021 LG G1 / Sony A90J / Panasonic JZ2000 Oleds which have a different spectral response?
No. A new one needs to be created.

·
Registered
19,964 Posts
Is it a confirmed fact that these new sets will have a different spectral response from existing models, or merely conjecture?
SPD confirms it. The delta between old and new may be chalked up as insignificant by some though. It appears the majority of the 2021 OLEDs are using the new OLED modules.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts