AVS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
is the PGenerator ISO File on lightillusion.com the "ted's version" including Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk?
Hi, in AVSForum or LightIllusion site, it's available for download the free ISO, not Ted's.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Would this EDR provide better results than Raw XYZ even on the new EVO panel on the 77A80J?
Sure, when you don't have access to a Spectro, the WRGB OLED EDR file will provide an improvement compared to RAW XYZ.

BTW, i1Display PRO can't provide RAW XYZ.

RAW XYZ is the meter factory calibration mode.

EDR is the meter calibration mode combined with spectral correction for a specific display tech.

Your TV has an LG OLED WRGB panel, and the EDR was created using an LG OLED WRGB panel also.

There are no available other methods to improve color accuracy when a spectro is unavailable to create a unique meter correction table for your specific TV model.

For LG OLED WRGB panel users without access to a Spectro, that particular EDR file is the only way to improve the readings of i1Display PRO.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sure, when you don't have access to a Spectro, the WRGB OLED EDR file will provide an improvement compared to RAW XYZ.

BTW, i1Display PRO can't provide RAW XYZ.

RAW XYZ is the meter factory calibration mode.

EDR is the meter calibration mode combined with spectral correction for a specific display tech.

Your TV has an LG OLED WRGB panel, and the EDR was created using an LG OLED WRGB panel also.

There are no available other methods to improve color accuracy when a spectro is unavailable to create a unique meter correction table for your specific TV model.

For LG OLED WRGB panel users without access to a Spectro, that particular EDR file is the only way to improve the readings of i1Display PRO.
What's the suggested white point while using the WOLED OLED EDR? From your point of view of course.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
What's the suggested white point while using the WOLED OLED EDR? From your point of view of course.
Hi, see here.

But it will require i1PRO Spectro or JETI to work for LG OLEDs (not 2021).

·
Registered
327 Posts
How can this not be for 2021 owners, when the 2021 OLEDs appear to have two different manufacturing processes? Both WBC and WBE panels exist in the 2021 lineup, so for whom is this intended? Owners of WBC panels, or owners of WBE? As far as my understanding goes, the WBC panels are the same as 2020 was?

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
How can this not be for 2021 owners, when the 2021 OLEDs appear to have two different manufacturing processes? Both WBC and WBE panels exist in the 2021 lineup, so for whom is this intended? Owners of WBC panels, or owners of WBE? As far as my understanding goes, the WBC panels are the same as 2020 was?
The crew with JETI's + Plasma's + LG's responsible for that custom white point; they have non-2021 LGs.

Currently, they can't check if that WP will work with 2021 panels.

·
Registered
327 Posts
What I'm saying, is that (and it's entirely possible that I'm wrong) people who own WBC panels in their 2021 OLEDs have the same stack as the 2020 ones, don't they? So in that case, wouldn't this work equivalently on the WBC 2021s?

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
What I'm saying, is that (and it's entirely possible that I'm wrong) people who own WBC panels in their 2021 OLEDs have the same stack as the 2020 ones, don't they? So in that case, wouldn't this work equivalently on the WBC 2021s?
I can't suggest something that is not possible to be tested from my end (or from my contact's end). It will require a Plasma + OLED in the same room side-by-side.

You can try the AWP and see if it will work for you; it will require an i1PRO Spectro.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The crew with JETI's + Plasma's + LG's responsible for that custom white point; they have non-2021 LGs.

Currently, they can't check if that WP will work with 2021 panels.
It doesn't. I use a different white point for all WBE panels. It's matched to an i1Pro2 and verified with a VT60 plasma as well as non-WCG LCD.

For users measuring with an i1Pro, I found the .3110 .3365 was correct for WBE panels. I have used 77C1s and 77G1s, a 65 A90J from Sony as well.

EDIT: My C1 is a WBC panel and the old AWP can still be used.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Wanted to add. This is for matching a particular display. A plasma.

If you are trying to match a reference Grade A CRT, or the BVM-HX310 studio monitor, you will need a different coordinate.

I am currently calibrating to D65 for clients, then adding Perceptual Matched Color Temps.

Warm50: D65
Medium/0: Plasma
Cold50: CRT / HX310

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Wanted to add. This is for matching a particular display. A plasma.

If you are trying to match a reference Grade A CRT, or the BVM-HX310 studio monitor, you will need a different coordinate.

I am currently calibrating to D65 for clients, then adding Perceptual Matched Color Temps.

Warm50: D65
Medium/0: Plasma
Cold50: CRT / HX310
Plasma/CRT (both are phosphor-based) can be used as a reference to create custom white points for quantum-LED/OLED or the Sony HX310.

The CRT is not possible to match with the same white point with HX310.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Plasma/CRT (both are phosphor-based) can be used as a reference to create custom white points for quantum-LED/OLED or the Sony HX310.

The CRT is not possible to match with the same white point with HX310.
Correct, Sammie and I have been reading up on Perceptual Match studies that Sony performed last December between the 300 and 310. Not Judd.

LGE has been using a new white point on their 2021 models that falls in line with perceptually matching the 300 as well.

Can't match myself with Grade A CRT or 310, so can only keep reading up and sticking to D65.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Hi, should I be using this edr file to calibrate my Panasonic gz950 oled? As I don't have a specro. Thanks
Hi,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, should I be using this edr file to calibrate my Panasonic gz950 oled? As I don't have a specro. Thanks
As a gz950 owner (after 1 year of experimenting with i1pro2 and several AWPs) I can tell you that this .edr works great. Calibrated on classic d65, I don't find any visual difference between the profile of i1pro2 combined with IPS - white led on 50% of the white.
At the end of the calibration try to remove 1 point of red (R-gain) and you will be very precise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As a gz950 owner (after 1 year of experimenting with i1pro2 and several AWPs) I can tell you that this .edr works great. Calibrated on classic d65, I don't find any visual difference between the profile of i1pro2 combined with IPS - white led on 50% of the white.
At the end of the calibration try to remove 1 point of red (R-gain) and you will be very precise.
You mean 1 point of red gain from the 2pt menu after you've calibrated everything?

41 - 60 of 98 Posts