AVS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

· Registered
12,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

· Registered
214 Posts
Hi, yesterday I bought the WRGB EDR file, just one thing once entered in CALMAN after changing the name, can you confirm that in i1Dispaly pro the name always remains the same, that is OLED RGB? I ask this as I thought the name changed to WOLED RGB

· Registered
12,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hi, yesterday I bought the WRGB EDR file, just one thing once entered in CALMAN after changing the name, can you confirm that in i1Dispaly pro the name always remains the same, that is OLED RGB? I ask this as I thought the name changed to WOLED RGB
Hi,

The name you see in CalMAN remains the same, but the measurements are different.

Only using ColourSpaceZRO/ColourSpace you can see both, so you have WRGB OLED and RGB OLED tables.

· Registered
15 Posts
im using edr file with calman for lg, using autocal, i still ending with near black red tone flash bars... someone can help?

D65, power 2.4 gamma. oled CX65.
If your getting red toned flashing bars when checking contrast, you've probably boosted red when doing your 2 point white balance calibration. My LG B7 OLED had a pretty severe green push and Calibration confirmed this. When doing the 2 point cal, I boosted Red and blue to level things out (very similar to how AVForums did their 2 point cal on the same tv) and ended up with a low DE. I then did a 22 point grayscale cal but left the CMS default.
Upon completion, I was left with low DE and nice even lines everywhere but when I then checked my contrast later, I knew something was wrong as I had pink flashing bars instead of grey.

I then saw the LG service menu calibration. I noticed that in the white balance section Red was already the most boosted colour at 192. I then thought to myself, as I had to boost Red during my 2 point calibration that maybe it was now clipping. I redid my calibration, this time subtracting green and boosting blue a little. I left red alone. The results were fantastic and no more pink flashing bars in the contrast test.
I know for an absolute fact now that AVForums calibrated their B7 wrong. Their calibration of the B7 was almost identical to my first try and I have no doubt that they would have had pink flashing bars in the contrast test also.
A lot of people had said that in calibration, never to touch green in 2 point cal as it's the most luminous colour and to only work with the red and blue. Taking that advice is what got me into this problem in the first place.
I think overall, unless you can see the white balance settings in the service menu it's much safer to only do subtractions in the 2 point cal instead of boosting.

· Registered
5,035 Posts
Is this suitable to use? I am running Calman Home for Sony with Sony A80J and using a xrite i1 Display.
No longer needed. The beta of Calman Home has 3 new EDRs including OLED TV EDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
12,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Is this suitable to use? I am running Calman Home for Sony with Sony A80J and using a xrite i1 Display.
Yes, if you have CalMAN 5 Home 5.12.32.4 (Close Beta), then it's not required.

If you have older CalMAN and have no renewal plans, you can use it.

· Premium Member
752 Posts
if you saw what I wrote, ignore it. I'm a dingus xD

· Registered
12,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
if you saw what I wrote, ignore it. I'm a dingus xD
It's not possible to not have C:\ProgramData\Portrait Displays folder; CalMAN can't run without that folder.

If you have a very old CalMAN then the folder will be different, like: C:\ProgramData\SpectraCAL ...

· Premium Member
752 Posts
It's not possible to not have C:\ProgramData\Portrait Displays folder; CalMAN can't run without that folder.

If you have a very old CalMAN then the folder will be different, like: C:\ProgramData\SpectraCAL ...
I enabled hidden files after I scrubbed through to the Calman folder I found, so I didn't see there was an actual "Program Data" folder and thought it was a regional difference. Basically I'm an idiot and you were too quick and saw my post right before I edited it saying that. Sorry and thank you! I've got it installed and ready to go now and I can't wait to get home from work today and check it out.

Reactions: ConnecTEDDD

· Registered
1,431 Posts
just found out about this after doing my CX with an i1D last week😔
already bought and loaded up the new edr, will begin my sdr profile shortly

· Premium Member
752 Posts
I almost feel like this is one of those tests where the subject convinces themselves that there's a difference haha. But whether it's real or psychological I swear this EDR file made my display (LG CX) look better. I feel like the colors are "richer" and there's more "depth". I know those aren't very scientific descriptors but either way, I'm extremely happy with the provided EDR and final results. Thank you again so much for making this available and for such a fair price! :D

Reactions: diablo900t and Lkr
61 - 80 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.