AVS Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I replaced the EDR file and selected OLED. Now I see some people are selecting OLED RGB. What is correct now?
You have replaced the RGB OLED file with the WRGB OLED file, so it will require selecting RGB OLED.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I‘ve replaced the „OLEDFamily_20Jul12.edr“ file. Isn‘t this just called OLED in CalMAN?
Have you looked? When you're in Calman and you choose the dropdown menu for the meter, it's the only OLED option in the list and for me said "OLED RGB". Just select that.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Does the i1Display PRO drift with time like the old colorimeters did? I bought mine in 2014 and it has been in a plastic bag for years.

I want to buy a new OLED (probably Sony A80J will be my first new TV since 2014!) but my CalMAN software is from 2016 so I am not sure if this file will work. Were they using EDR files back then?

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Does the i1Display PRO drift with time like the old colorimeters did? I bought mine in 2014 and it has been in a plastic bag for years.

I want to buy a new OLED (probably Sony A80J will be my first new TV since 2014!) but my CalMAN software is from 2016 so I am not sure if this file will work. Were they using EDR files back then?
They do drift a bit - all electronics do - but are far less susceptible to filter degradation than the earlier generations of colorimeters. CalMAN absolutely was using EDRs with the I1D3 then, as they are part of the XRite SDK for the meter. You'd just follow the directions for replacing the old OLED EDR.

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·

The EDR will work with your old CalMAN.

New meters from Calibrite will not work with CalMAN 2016.

X-Rite i1Display PRO (REV.B Firmware) will not properly work with CalMAN 2016; you will have issues in near black (or black) measurements.

It will require using a newer calibration software version if you want to buy a new colorimeter.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Thanks Royce and Ted. I have no plans to upgrade CalMan, so I'll grab the file and avoid making adjustments near black for now. The old meter still seems to work well. What an amazing value it was.

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Thanks Royce and Ted. I have no plans to upgrade CalMan, so I'll grab the file and avoid making adjustments near black for now. The old meter still seems to work well. What an amazing value it was.
The measurement of black is essential because the software will use the measured black/white to calculate the luma targets for the SDR grayscale calibration.

ColourSpace ZRO has that EDR file with the installer, and it has free updates for several years with no annual fees.

For the Sony TV, it will require non-regular spacing grayscale patterns; see here.

It's available for ColourSpace ZRO users the Sony BRAVIA Template, for DDC of controls and unlocking the hidden calibration controls.

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Does this also apply to the current version (v5.12.3.69) of Calman for Panasonic? I see "*OLED TV (WRGB)" listed as a profile option, so should I be using that or the "FSI_XM55U_23Jan19" EDR file when calibrating my Panasonic OLED GZ1000?

View attachment 3274170
Both can work.

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
In

Thanks. For my peace of mind, I've compared using the two:
  • TOP is using the "FSI_XM55U_23Jan19" file
  • BOTTOM is using the "*OLED TV (WRGB)" option in CALMAN.
There is a small difference between the DeltaE's:
  • FSI_XM55U__ : AVG = 1.4 MAX = 3.2
  • OLED(WRGB) : AVG = 1.3 MAX = 3.0
Don't forget to consider inter-session repeatability, even with the same instrument. There is likely zero to little difference between the EDRs, at least none that could be easily separated from the meter's own drift.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.