AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old Denon AVR 3300 is going out on my living room TV. Home theater rooms going good w/ the Denon AVR3808CI I bought last year.

Anyway, I want something cheap (preferably

This is in the living room connected to an older SD TV, but probably will be switched to an HDTV in the future - but I only care about DTS & DD5.1 support (don't need to go the 'TrueHD' lossless support provided by HDMI 1.3a)

-CCourtney

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump

Wow, I was hoping for some sort of response. Nobody knows what the lowest end Receiver that supports HDMI Decode of the audio stream is?

-CCourtney

·
Registered
30,800 Posts
Nope. Not off-hand. One would have to go to the manufacturer's websites and look at the features of the least expensive units and move up the list until one saw all the needed features. I guess it's your job.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The Pioneer 918 and Yamaha 463 are my two picks for cheap receivers that support PCM over HDMI.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/15592927

Nope. Not off-hand. One would have to go to the manufacturer's websites and look at the features of the least expensive units and move up the list until one saw all the needed features. I guess it's your job.

Thanks, but not all of the websites are up to the quality level of Denon which tells you pretty clearly which supports the decode and which only supports the passthrough/switching.

A good example is Yamaha's website which doesn't give you any real details on which units do the decoding and which don't. I got the information off of reviews to tell me which is which.

I was hoping against all hope that someone here may have compiled a list. I guess I'm just not that lucky.

rnatalii,

Thanks for the post. This is the type of information I was looking for.

-CCourtney

1 - 7 of 7 Posts