Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,

I'm done lurking and have some questions. I'm on a tight budget and really can't go more than $2500 US for a projector. I've narrowed down my realistic choices to the low-end Sanyo (XW15) vs. the low-end Sony (Cineza).

My probable setup:

*~100" pulldown screen eventually, starting with wall

*no ambient light at night but light during day

*sitting ~15' away

My questions:

1. Is the difference in lumens going to be noticeable?

2. Is the difference between XGA and VGA going to be noticeable?

3. If i use a 480p DVD player would their be a noticeable improvement over a 480i DVD player on either or these models?

Lastly as far as where the projector will live... has anyone used (purchased or built) some sort of coffee table to hold the AV eq including the projector? I'm not much of a craftsman and can't see building a box on the ceiling and running wires and whatnot.

Any other advice?

You guys are the best - thanks ahead of time for your help!

·
Registered
460 Posts
We have our pj (Tosh G5) on the bottom shelf of a coffee table with the cables going to a component stack hidden in back of a plant. The pj is gray and I spray painted the lens cap gray so it's not very visible when not in use. I built a valance out of luan 1/4" plywood in front of a 100" pull down screen. When the screen is up, there's a picture on the wall. I sometimes ask people "There's a 100" TV in this room, where is it?" It usually takes some looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.