AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since virtually all plasmas come w. only a small amp and no speakers, users have to set up some system for hearing the audio.

Our previous TV, for 13 years, was a Sony PVM monitor. Like the Panny plasma, it had no speakers or tuner. We used two bookshelf speakers mounted on the wall.

We got the plasma 16 mo. ago. and continued to use the two small speakers. Since our TV room is very samll - about 9-12 - i see no need for yet another piece of equipment like a "recvr." to process the audio. Besides, it is complicated enough now to switch between the various inputs which is 2 VCRS which are fed by two diff. sat. systems and soon to add a DVD.

I just bought a small powered subwoofer from Cambridge Soundworks which has a B&M store here. It does the job of making the sound much richer . A more elaborate sound system in a small room would simply be overkill. The total price was under $200.

To show my ignorance, i didn't know speakers were even available that had "speaker inputs" as well as the traditional "line level" inputs. If i had known this, probably would have done this earlier. Last time I bought speakers was for our audio system - high end AR speakers which still sound great. (Audio system is in a diff. room.)

...mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.