AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a Denon DVD-910 connected to a BenQ 6200. I really like the faroudja chip on the Denon, but after an Avia calibration, green seems to be way low. Not too noticeable on real material, but now that I know its 20% low, it's hard to sleep:)

Problem is Blue and red are real close to beeing dead on. I read about a filter that was used to boost green (FL-D)? Anybody have first hand experience with one? Any suggestions to boost green by about 20%? I "could" tamper with the service menu, but it seems like a delicate balance, so if I can stick a filter in front, I'll try that first.

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am beginning to think the Zenith 318 was not causing the green undersaturation problem:mad:

Pity, because that and the fact it was not black were the 2 main reasons I went with the Denon...

· Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, I was calibrating the other night using Avia and noticed the 20% green issue as well. I'm using a zenith dvb-318 but with actual viewing material I don't notice it much. I'm not sure what to do about it except pay a professional to calibrate it. sigh.....

Ben

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if the avia filter might be off a little, and the undersaturation is not quite 20%...Might explain why it's not that obvious on viewing material...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.