Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I must apologize in advance if this topic has been beat to death in the past, but I did a thorough search and read several informative topics but I don't think I found the answer I was looking for.

I recently purchased the V2000 flexATX case for use in my small HTPC. I'm still looking for a suitable motherboard, but I will need a video card that fits in a low-profile slot and provides S-Video output.

I checked www.newegg.com and spotted the ATI OEM Radeon 7000 series which looked like they would fit a low-profile case if they had the appropriate low-profile header.

Does a card like this exist somewhere?

Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
 www.GameVE.com has a board that is a low profile ATI Radeon 8500 64MB DDR board (under)clocked at 183MHz from PowerColor.

It does have DVI and a VGA out and should be able to run in dual head mode.

I've just ordered one, It apparently has arrived at home, but I'm about to go and see what was shipped.

PowerColor does have low profile brackets, and hopefully it will come with a low profile bracket. If not, they'll have one on order for me. (bracket)

Note: Their online ordering is having issues, so the CC submission is unencrypted (arrgh), so make sure you use a One-Time-Use Card Number. (Like MBNA's ShopSafe, or AMEX's Blue)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definately let me know how that video card works out for you burble. A low-profile ATI Radeon 8500 would be perfect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The card arrived yesterday, but I have not installed it yet. GameVE is going to ship me the low-profile bracket separately. He said it was being shipped from Taiwan. I will install it after the bracket arrives.

The card is indeed conforms to the low-profile AGP form factor. The DVI connector is on the board itself, and it has a 15-pin header to which a VGA connector is connected to bring out the second VGA head.

The TV out is only a Composite. It looks like the board is equipped with the capability of using S-Video, but the S-Video connector isn't there. (There are pin pads on the board in a layout that seem to suggest this).

There is a fan on the card. Hopefully it won't be too loud. All the existing low profile GeForce cards were passive cooled. (GeForce2mx 100 and a GeForce4mx 400 with 64MB DDR).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments burble. Kind of disappointing that the card has no S-Video out. This search for the perfect low-profile AGP video card is becoming frustrating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
omg. i've been looking for that card for ages. great find.

[edit] what was the price on the bracket and did the card come w/ a dvi to vga converter for the dvi port? kind of odd that they went w/ composite when the jap card has s-video.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the Gigabyte card looks nice. I think they have have even made a low-profile 8500 version. A sticking point so far has been trying to find that low-profile bracket (or faceplate) to go with one of these cards. I'll try to contact a few vendors to see if a low-profile bracket is available. If not, I'll guess I just try and make my own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.