AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lian Li PC-C37 case and am looking for a card that can handle 4K video.

Not a gamer and don't care about it.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
This is what you want unless you need to run MadVR with lots of processing options turned on:

·
Registered
3 Posts
The market is so horrible right now. I saw your case that you have but what kind of mobo and cpu do you have. Depending on what you have you may be fine. In 2018 I bought a zotac gtx 1050 ti low profile for $199. It works great for 4k 60hz. But a conmprable card today is nearly $400. The market is crazy.

Have you tried running 4k? Is it not an option? Only 24p 30p? Jumpy frame rate when playing. You may be able to force a higher resolution?

Not trying to dtell you not buy right now, I just think waiting things out gpu prices will calm down again.

·
Registered
883 Posts
For 4k blurays you're better off just buying a player. GPU prices are crazy right now

If you can afford it and want to watch DVD's/720p/1080 content on a 4k screen not going to get better than a GPU. Generally speaking Nvidia is best if it's within your budget but in this market i'd just look for anything you can get for approaching MSRP

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but I'll pass for now. Only a real fool would pay those kind of prices for what you get. (n)

Reactions: brazen1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts