AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking for 3.5mm male - male cable ... went to monoprice and there are like 6 different kinds.

One of them says premium 22AWG ...

What are the rest - are they all 22AWG?

Thanks

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker97  /t/1519920/low-resistance-audio-cable-monoprice#post_24410338

Hi I am looking for 3.5mm male - male cable ... went to monoprice and there are like 6 different kinds.

One of them says premium 22AWG ...

What are the rest - are they all 22AWG?

Thanks

I don't get your question because every cable listed here:

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021812

is 22 gauge. Given the prices why not shoot the works and get their good stuff? The most expensive 3' cable I see is $3! What is shipping going to cost? ;-)

The cheapest ones may skimp on the copper in the cable they are made out of. Given the amount of current involved in this connection, its more of a durability question than a SQ question.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Resistance is not a concern with interconnects, only with speaker cables. Therefore there's no advantage to larger than 22ga.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am buying it to replace my stock headphone cable (Fidelio X1), as it is 3.5mm male to 5.5mm male (and it looks very cumbersome)

The website says their premium cables are not for mobile device use as it is also very cumbersome

Hence wondering if the other lighter stuff are as good

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen some made in china stuff ... like a few strands of hair's worth of ??30awg - ... hence was wondering what gauge the non premium stuff were

1 - 5 of 5 Posts