AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pair of Polk OWM3 surround speakers to add to my home theater system. After connecting the surround speakers I have noticed that the volume coming out of the R surround speaker is extremely low.

I believe I have isolated the problem to the output of the R surround speaker coming out of my Denon AVR3311 receiver. I believe it is NOT the speaker wire or actual surround speaker, as I have tried switching the connections between the L and R speakers and the low volume problem switches to the other speaker -- this suggests that is is the R surround speaker output.

I have tried using the Audyssey auto setup and it still has the same problem. I have also tried the manual speaker setup -- even if I jack up the volume to +12DB for the R surround speaker it still has lower volume than the L surround speaker at normal volume. I am connecting the speakers to my receiver using simple stripped speaker wires, but even when connected to banana plugs i continue to have the same problem.

I believe there is a problem with my Denon AVR3311 receiver but I am not 100% sure -- does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Even a confirmation if people agree i am on the right track. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
You didn't mention this but you did turn on the back surround speakers in your speaker setup menu, right?

Otherwise, I think you've done everything that the rest of would have done.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
If you have run AUTO SETUP to incorporate the extra set of speakers and you hear the test tone from them in the course of running AUTO SETUP, then try resetting the microprocessor (p. 116), although if you are using the network feature, you'll want to SAVE the config file first using the Web Control feature (p. 59) as the reset will restore all settings to factory defaults.

Also, join us in the Denon 3311 Owner's thread to learn more about your new AVR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP /forum/post/20821739

Well, we haven't heard back from Percy.

Either resetting the microprocessor worked or he's so flustered with it that he gave himself a break from working on it.

Hi i'm in Asia timezone so didn't get a chance to reply -- unfortunately I reset the microprocessor but still no luck -- the volume coming out of the R surround speaker is extremely low. Looks like I"m going to be bringing it in to Denon repair..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.