AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bring the LP340 all the way to summer camp, and on the day we need to use it, hours before, we test it and find it doesn't work. Very Bad. And now I'm worried.

It's an LP340, I bought it just months ago from Studio Experience. Lamp probably has between 50-100 hours on it, but who knows, since the counter doesn't work.

When you power it on, the color wheel spins up, the cooling fans turn on, and then the status lamp blinks green for about a minute. After a minute of blinking green, it blinks orange.

I don't hear the usual "Zzzt zzzt" sounds which some people have speculated is the high-voltage arcing trying to fire up the lamp.

I figure that the lamp hasn't exploded (it looks intact) and it wasn't dimming so it hasn't died of old age, so... what could it be? And what can I do?

Thanks.

------------------

Jay!

New LP340 owner

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like you're gonna have to call Infocus. Tell them the story and they should send you out a new unit Monday overnight. The lamp has a 90 day warranty, but they are normally pretty good about it.

Sorry.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a resolution on this and I thought I'd share it since it might be of note to new LP340/350 users.

The solution was to remove the bulb and give it a good vigourous shaking for about half a minute.

Apparently a new bulb can have its gases settle when not in use for a long period of time, and shaking it redistributes these gases.

Who'd have thunk it?

------------------

Jay!

New LP340 owner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.