Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am very close to buying my first projector, the Infocus LP340 , but I am starting to get second thoughts...is this a bad time to buy this unit? The model is more than a year old as I understand it..should I wait for a successor from Infocus? If yes, has it been announced?

Thanks, Mads

·
Registered
312 Posts
I decided to pick up a LP340 about a month ago, and I've been happy with it's performance despite the shortcomings. The replacement Infocus unit for this application would probably be the new home theater models (see www.infocushome.com)... These are yet to be releaseed (I've read September timeframe), and prices have yet to be announced (this may be clearer after Infocom).

I figure that in a year or so, I can sell my 340 on ebay and get a newer model (or just stick with the 340 for a while).

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I believe the new HT models with the new TI DMD chips will offer great improvements in contrast and maybe lower in cost. If Infocus had a serious business mass market plan together, they could easily price the LP350 for $2000. via Circuit city and the other such outlets.

Jon

·
Registered
350 Posts
One more week before Infocomm. Then we'll know whether to wait for the Infocus HT projector or buy the LP340.

------------------

Walter

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you can, I would wait. I just got a LP340(Boxlight 455) and my only complaint is black level. The new models coming

promise 800:1 contrast ratios which should make a big difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.