AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, all of this LT-150 stuff has me thinking. I bought my Infocus LP340V about 4 months back, and now with the 150 so cheap I'm thinking about selling the 340. Unfortunately, I've been checking e-bay and the sale price of the 340's is only around $1000 right now. Since I paid $2650 for mine, I don't think I've watched $1650 worth of movies on my projector http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Is the 150 worth the upgrade? I've read a lot about the projector, and the lack of zoom is the big set back for me right now, along with the lower light output. But I could definately use the higher resolution.

I'm wondering if I should ditch the 340 and snag a 150 at $1700, or maybe hold on to the 340 until the next generation comes out (I'm curious to see how the Infocus HT unit looks).

If I'm going to upgrade, I'd like to get as much for my current unit as I can... Comments?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
..Those look like $1000 BIDS, 'Completed items' show low prices in the 1750-2350 range - lower bids often say 'reserve not met'.

..The prices are going down, but even LP425z's are going for more than a $1000 (1500 new).

..In a year, I expect that the LP340 will have replaced the 425z as the bottom end Infocus price point.

..Advice - enjoy your projector now. When something significantly better shows up, sell it.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
this is a moot point now since the deal is dead...and all these cheap units (in some people cases, mulitple units) already order may not come thru.

JasG is right also. wait till the end of the auction and look at the final price.

there may be a huge run on projectors on ebay if/when this Dell deal finally falls thru and many people already, who've been eagerly anticipating their first projector scramble around trying to find another good buy to satisfy this 'i should have had it' mindset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.