AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is way to get the LP340 to do a better job of syncing? I tried to sync the RGB component output of Skyworth without success, and I read someone else had problem with the LP340 in other configurations as well. Are there workarounds for this? Why doesn't the Manual Sync adjustments work? All suggestions (beside throwing out the LP340!) are appreciated.

------------------

Jaz

Singapore

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
just use s-video and be happy...or you need an HTPC @ 800X600 an that will probably work...but that unit dos not accept 480p gracefully and nver will...I use to get my DVDO to work occaaionally but it was a fight that I did not always win,...

Regards,

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, the 340 will sync to 480P, just not 480P through a component input. I run my Sega Dreamcast at 480P on the 340 just fine with a VGA output from the Dreamcast.

I just bought a VGA breakout cable to try to connect a progressive scan DVD player to the 340 with less luck. I could occasionally get an image, but the color was green and the image was all messed up. The problem appears to be the lack of H and V sync signals.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are known issues with poor synch ability of the LP340 and LP350 for 480P in RGB mode which are not fully understood yet.

What's really stupid is that 480P is just 640x480 VGA @ 59.975 KHz, which the LP *is* rated for.

In testing 480P sources with my LP350, I found that they are sometimes resolution misreported as 1024x768, but with the correct timings for 480P listed!?!

My LP350 synchs great to the 480P output from my Skyworth via RGB, although it can't handle it's 576P output (for PAL DVDs). (of course the S-video from the Skyworth looks great in NTSC and PAL...)

I have a growing chart of signal compatability with my LP350 in the LP350 FAQ (url in my SIG)

-GregorM

Keeper fo the LP350 FAQ: http://www.gregorvision.com/lp350/

·
Registered
84 Posts
One thing I've found that helps most with getting the LP340 to sync to different resolutions is to make sure the input has a full-screen bright image when it's trying to sync. For instance, cut-scene movies in games cause the LP340 to freak out, cause they usually have letterboxes and the black border confuse the LP340.

Or you could just run DVI from a HTPC and it wouldn't be a problem.

Brian

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your feedback, it is indeed sad that even 480P, a standard resolution could cause sync problem, I guess I will have to stick with my HTPC for now...

------------------

Jaz

Singapore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.