Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ryan

When directors shoot film they use whatever aspect ratio they want-There is no standard-and until there is one-and I doubt that will happen-you will always have black bars no matter what screen you buy unless you use a htpc and you distort\\stretch the picture to fill your screen.

Lenny

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm using my LP340 with my Dalite Hi-Contrast 16:9 screen. I'm using a sony DVD player to play anamorphic DVD's, and I have the projector set to use "enhanced widescreen" mode. When I resize the 16:9 image to fit vertically, there's always about 1-1.2" of black bars on the sides of the image. Is this normal? Isn't a 16:9 dvd supposed to completely fill the frame? Is this a bug in the 340?

·
Banned
770 Posts
For some reason the Infocus LP340 does not fill the screen on ANY DVD in widesreen. It's not just your machine sorry.

AJ Abrams

Product Analyst

Projector People, Home Theatre People, AVM,AVI

------------------

AJ Abrams

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I think that all projector with a 4:3 native panel will have letterbox 16:9 although their specs may say "support 16:9". This is why there are 16:9 panel projectors like the Sony WH10T and the Sanyo PLV-60 that's true 16:9. Just like the 4:3 TV will have letterbox on 16:9 movies so will the 4:3 native panel projector. 16:9 TV will be rid of letterbox but will have to adjust to watch 4:3 programming. At least this is my newbie opinion.

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.