AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading contradictory info on this projector. Manufacturer says its an improved 340V, people on this group say its tainted. Has anyone actually seen this projector perform with there own eyes. Most of what I read about this projector appears to be hear say or conjecture. Please speak up, since its selling at price which interest me.

Jon

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well so far the silence is deaffening on this thread. Personally, I really want to buy a projector this year. However, I believe we are about to see drastic changes if projection home theatres go mass market. Both in performance and price. I'm trying to keep cost dowm until this market volatility subsides.

At this point I'm waiting for more news on the Infocus HT. If it is XGA for $3000 street price, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'm thinking LP340 or Boxlite 455. I'd like to know about the improvements to the LP340B. How about halo and other light emissions? Contrast improvements? Is the scaler still good? And please, no hear say.

Jon

·
Registered
226 Posts
I posted this elsewhere, but let me post again because it might be helpful to you. I might suggest you call both companies yourself and see what answers you get! Boxlight tech support answer the phone very quickly. InFocus I had to wait on hold a while.

----------------------------------------

For what its worth, I just called InFocus tech support at 1 (800) 799-9911. According to their tech, the LP340B is a new and improved version of the LP340V. He said it has a higher contrast ratio. He also claimed it had the line doubler/scaler. He also told me that the Boxlight and Toshiba units are identical to the 340B.

However, when I called Boxlight at 1-800-884-6464, they gave me a different story. They say that the Boxlight CD-455M is the LP340V, while the Boxlight CD-454 is the same as the LP340B. He indicated that the 455/340V was better for video while the 454/340B was better for data. He also indicated that they had both units in stock.

Brett

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I had a long talk with the Infocus product manager for the 530 at the Infocomm show. He said that the 340B had a much cheaper deinterlacing capability and would not be recommended for HT applications. The purpose of the machine is to be a cheaper business projector with data being the main application.

I have not seen the 340B myself.

The street prices of the 340B are only a few hundred less than the 340 and its clones, so I would suggest passing on the 340B. The 340 has very good video processing.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked the Infocus home page, it appears they no longer list the LP340 as one of their HT projectors in the tech specs.. So I guess that says it all.

Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.