AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought an Infocus 350. When we connect it to a Dell 5000 and use the Fn-F8 keys to switch from LCD panel to external VGA, nothing happens. The projector shows the no signal message. The laptop use Windows ME. I tried the projector using another laptop (UMAX) with Windows ME and everything is fine.

What is weird is that, to make the projector receive a signal from the Dell, we have to open a DOS Window (not full screen) and, while the cursor is blinking in the DOS window, use the Fn-F8 keys and then, voila, the projector works. But impossible to get the projector and the LCD at the same time.

Any suggestions ?

Danrav

p.s.: anybody knows what exactly the LP350's firmware v.2.0 correct or improve ?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I've got a Inspiron 5000 and Win98 and used it last week for about 8 hours of presentations using the VGA output at XGA resolution. Fn-F8 works fine although the VGA display won't pass through overlays.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have the same notebook, you must activate the screen in the display panel, go to advanced and you'll find a display tab with a ati icon, activate and set monitor as primary display (if you need overlay in the pj). I use it mainly for svideo output to a 16/9 Tv set.

bye http://www.mclink.it/personal/MC1290/

------------------

dubmaster

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.