Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

First time post!!

I have recently purchased a lp350 & have been pretty happy thus far. Last night I picked up a weird 'problem' while watching Tarzan on dvd on the projector. What was happening was that the picture on the top half of the screen would for a split second every now & then go sort of out of sync!!

When I say it went out of sync, I mean, well it's difficult to explain, but the picture would sort of jump. This seemed to occur randomly & happened very quickly!!

Some more details regarding my setup. I am in South Africa, & the version of Tarzan was the PAL version. I have my lp350 being fed via svideo cable, the cable run is about 8m (26ft) of not so great svideo (being changed shortly to svideo to BNC back to svideo). I have an old Toshiba sd2100 model dvd player (model will probably differ from US models). That's about it, apart from this glitch Tarzan looked awesome on the lp350!!, I also tried a bunch of other PAl dvd's & they all worked without this glitch?!? I even tried The Rocky Horror Picture Show on PAL which has the same aspect ratio, again it worked perfectly.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this?!?. I am hoping that it is due to the overly long svideo cable that I'm having this problem & that it is not a problem with the projector, but any suggestions will be welcome!!.

So far I'm very happy with the lp350, I just have to improve the contrast in darker films & I'll be really ecstatic, but I have allot that I can still do in that area.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This doesn't sound like an LP350 problem; however, it might be a dvd problem (since your other dvds seem to play ok). The other possibility is that your dvd player has problems tracking this particular dvd - try it with another one, if you can.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.