AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting an LP530. I am going to use a 12ft throw and a 96" Diag 4:3 screen. I site about 17ft from the screen. Here is my question.

At 17ft is a 96" image going to look too pixellated watching regular DSS. I am sure HD and DVD will look great, but I do watch a lot of non HD DSS.

I currently have a pp9601 and iScan pro which I will be moving to another room. Will I get as good a picture on the projector as I am used to on the 60" RPTV with the iScan Pro.

thanks

Dave

·
Registered
502 Posts
the LP 530 will using the DCDI by Faroudja; thetrfor you don´t need the I-Scan;

for the PQ, please do a personal look at this LP 530. But must know, with 37dB in the ECO-mode, there will be some noise around.

The picture is great, but it is still a buisiness machine, usable for HT; please have also a look at the LS 100, or at the H55 from Optoma;

For the best PQ on LP 530 you should use component device.

hb

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
--I'll second the vote for the built in processing - I prefer it even to DScaler/HTPC.

-- I don't' find the noise in low power mode to be a problem, and the light decrease (84" screen) is barely noticeable.

-- If you don't like NTSC PQ, there is always the 'standard' mode (unscaled, basically 640x480). On your screen, it would still be a very large image.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have an LP530 set up at a 13' throw and sit about 11' from the 98" screen and cannot see pixelation from any signal source. For cable TV I use the composite input (cable box only does composite), and the onboard Faroudja scaler does a good job - better than dScaler, as JasG points out.

I disagree with hhelmut about the desirability of the component input add-on. I use VGA in for HTPC-based DVD and OTA-HD input, and don't believe that component would be any better (one could argue that three line component is inherently inferior to VGA).

In High-Power mode, the projector is noticeably noisy, but like JasG, I run almost exclusively in Low-Power mode, which is plenty bright, and pretty quiet. I sit much closer to the projector than you will be, so unless you are hyper-sensitive to fan noise, it shouldn't be an issue for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.