AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Demo'd the lpx-500 yesterday and was extremley happy with the picture.Image quality was on par with my friends SIM2 and another friends Runco.Black levels were a bit of a disapointment though (even the Plus HE3200 was better).Does anyone have any experience with the filters I've heard so much about,and would this improve all aspects of the picture or only blacks.The screen used was a Da-Lite High Contrast 92" (.8 gain).I am deciding on purchasing the Yamaha to replace my Pioneer 53" HD RPTV.Any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I looked at this PJ too, but had to opt out because the long throw was out of my range (max was 15' at 106" diag). I thought for the money it was an exceptional PJ.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I've had one for a couple weeks now, and I've pretty much gotten used to the black levels. However, I'm definitely interested in hearing from people who have managed to improve them in some way.

Other than the blacks, I have no complaints about this projector.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I bought one a week ago and I love it--I only notice the black level if I look for it. Question for other owners of this PJ: What screens are you viewing on ? I am about to order a screen and I'm not sure what the best screen would be. I have a pretty dark room with seating at narrow viewing angles and I am currently viewing on a temporary scrren made form a fabric called "thermo suede".

Thanks,

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.