AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This information appeared at the end of the thread on the contrast ratio of the LS110, but I thought it needed a little more prominence.

I agree with the forum member in the other thread who wondered if SE was kidding. A $200 discount on a WSVGA projector, even with the six-segment wheel, etc., when popular projectors like the PLV-60 are capable of true 720p for about the same price?

If Infocus and its dealers are serious, and not trying to insult the intelligence of the home theater customer, they will offer decent discounts. Even a price like $4200 would at least give the customer credit for some knowledge of the market. Plus sells the Piano, with the same chip, for almost two thousand less. I find it hard to believe that the brighter lamp and other enhancements on the LS110 justify such a discrepancy. I'm afraid that Studio Experience will discover that even the customers who like the projector will return it, and buy it again after the price drops, maybe from another dealer. I am interested in the LS110, but not with the PLV-60 selling $150 less.

Mike

·
Registered
456 Posts
To be fair, this was only an email quote. Might be able to get less by calling them. And there's no comepetion really right now. I have a feeling we'll see at $4500 in a few weeks. But that's still pretty sketchy with the Sanyo and the Toshiba 7 selling for less with true 720p resolutions. And the Sony 11HT might not be much more. It will all come down to what kind of picture this thing can really produce. Still, it's hard to justify that price when HDTV is going to be getting more popular.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.