AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the talk about the best refresh rate, I decided to give 60Hz a try.

Any comments are appreciated.

Here are the settings:

---------------------------------------

PowerStrip timing parameters:

1024x576=1024,32,104,168,576,35,3,125,58885,336

Generic timing details for 1024x576:

HFP=32 HSW=104 HBP=168 kHz=44 VFP=35 VSW=3 VBP=125 Hz=60

Linux modeline parameters:

"1024x576" 58.885 1024 1056 1160 1328 576 611 614 739 +hsync +vsync

------------------------------------------

camoura

·
Registered
817 Posts
Does LT150 turn off the useless pixels or show them in black when the input signal is 1024x576? Is it the same as the cinema mode for component input?

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally posted by tlastrange:
One question. Is it possible to tell the LT150 where to place the 1024x576 pixels? Can I shift the image up or down?
Yes, it is possible.

Just check "lock total geometry" and change the position.

Cassius

·
Registered
168 Posts
Help!!!!

I got the desktop configured properly with Powerstrip, but when I run the ATI DVD Player in full screen mode, it positions the 16x9 DVD picture inside a 4x3 box in the middle of my 16x9 screen. In other words, 16x9 images appear with black bars around all four sides!!!

This doesn't happen with PowerDVD, which seems to handle the aspect ratio properly. However, I get weird breakups in the picture in PowerDVD during horizontal panning, and ATI Player's picture seems noticeably better.

After a week of tweaking my HTPC, I've got a vastly improved image from my LT150. However, it has been a very frustrating process, and I'm frequenly on the verge of pitching the whole thing out my 15th floor window.

I tried playing with the ATI Player's video settings, but with no luck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
There is a post which has a the 0 ire registry patch, I think this patch has the widescreen fix, too. You might want to do a search for "0 ire ati" or wait for MikeM to see this post. He is the one, who was kind enough to send it to me.

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
599 Posts
what are these numbers exactly?

quoted form above:

================================

PowerStrip timing parameters:

1024x576=1024,32,104,168,576,35,3,125,58885,336

Generic timing details for 1024x576:

HFP=32 HSW=104 HBP=168 kHz=44 VFP=35 VSW=3 VBP=125 Hz=60

================================

1) the Powerstrip "Advance Timing Options" screen looks like its for the 1st set above...

1024,32,104,168 = horizontal #s

576,35,3,125 = vertical #s

58885,336 ????? what are these

2) what are the Generic timings used for?

jaymer...

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I went into powerstrip, I simply started plugging in numbers in "custom resolutions" -- the numbers provided above seemed to match up with the default numbers, as jaymer observed. It worked, but with a few problems:

(i) ATI Player will not properly go into fullscreen mode; 16x9 material is letterboxed and has black bars on the sides. PowerDVD will go into widescreen mode, but I have other problems with horizontal pans causing weird distortions (something that happens using standard resolutions too). I can't find anything on the 0 ire registry patch that fixes the ATI player's glitch.

(ii) Video performance is impaired. Most noticeably, dScaler is noisier, stutters, and takes a long time to switch channels.

Has anyone else had these problems?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys just have to copy ALL the information to the clipboard, and then use the button in Powerstrip that says "paste" or "paste timings".

camoura

·
Registered
599 Posts
anyone want to buy my copy of Powerstrip?

i read this info, but it doesn't apply to my AccessDTV card at all.

i liked the idea of having a "wide" desktop - that part works fine, but when I try to watch OTA it either ignores the "wide" view and displays full height, OR doesn't really display mt OTA signal in high quality (judged by seeing the jaggies on the CBS logo) OR in 780 mode, causes 1-pixel high by 2/3rds of the screen-wide graphic anomaly lines to fill the display over time.

so i turned the display back to 1024x768 (which shows onto the couch and above my black cloth paper), BUT when I watch HD TV, and in 780 mode, the CBS picture was perfect and crisp.

so while this may be fine for crunching the desktop off the wall, i have to leave this mode anyway because of the AccessDTV card.

jaymer...

·
Registered
483 Posts
camoura

What version of Powerstrip are you using? I just downloaded 3.1 and I can't seem to transfer the data found on this thread into it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Disto,

There is a recent thread on this; you might want to do a search ("powerstrip" & 2weeks or earlier). I used the info on that thread & it worked well for me (I just got my Powerstrip this past week, so must be the same version you have).

If you can't find that thread using the parameters above, try doing a search using my screen name. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.