Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how high to keep this puppy off the floor to prevent keystoning.

I have an old A/V cabinet with 3 shelves of varying height, that could also serve as a hush box!

I've read that if the bottom of your screen is say, 30" off the floor, the ideal position for the 150 would be 30" off the floor, because the projected image from the 150 would start at the 30" height of the bottom of your screen, thus helping to eliminate the keystone correction you'd have to make with the 150 (decreasing the res) if it were floor mounted. Any thoughts??

Cgeers, VB

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I found this on the NEC site but don't really remember. They have this nifty little chart that tells you how far from the center of the lens to the top or the bottom of the screen the projector should sit. Depends on distance/screen size. For instance if you have a 100" diagonal screen, the projector would sit somewhere between 12.65 inches and 29.12 inches above the top of the screen or below the lower viewing edge; preferably around 20". That is if I am interpreting the info correctly. If the screen is 4:3 it is a set 11.8 inches. This is without using Keystone correction processing.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Most digital projectors, including the LT150, actually project the image in an upword manner. You usually want the pj just below the screen (or above if ceiling mounted). Check out www.nectech.com for the chart that mkirk is talking about. That will give you the exact distances you need.

Thanks!

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i have a 2.35 screen and for widescreen movies my pj is about 4" off the floor. this makes sure the bottom letterbox bars hit the velvet skirt and are blocked out with only the actual picture info hitting the screen.

sometimes i get what looks like some extreme keystoning but if i just cut the edges off clean with some more velvet panels, i really can't tell the difference.

i try to look for distortion within the picture, but when you have clean squared off edges it makes it almost impossible to tell that there is any.

i move the projector in and higher for the other various ratios (about 10" higher for 1.75 & 14" for 1.33)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Petey, I'm sure it beats the hole in the wall to ma & pa's bedroom! LOL!

It's going to be here Wednesday. I'm getting a new Crystalimage scaler, and the Da-lite High Power screen, per Grants suggestion.

I'll only need a DVD player, (interlaced..the CI has a better deinterlacing chip than a pscan DVD) and a HDTV STB.

All told, it's about $4000 for a new HT.

If you'd care to stop by, I'll tell my sister to drop in so you can meet her. (You like red heads?)

I'll trade ya for the Cammaro! LOL!

Regards, VB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.