AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a futile wait for three months for release of VW11, I was pretty disappointed to see the performance of this product. On the other hand LT 150 turned out to be a fantastic experience when I saw it yesterday (contrary to my earlier impression that for that price it may not be good enough!)

Now that I know this may be the one for me, I need help to understand some of the terms I have been seeing in several posts.

I have seen this comment in quite a few posts

'LT 150 works best with a good HTPC and a panamorph'

Can someone please explain how it helps, if it is really recommended then which HTPC/panamorph to go for ... apx cost ?

I was planning to get LT 150 and hook up with a progressive player - Panasonic RP-91

Not sure if these two options are mutually exclusive or work with one another ...

guys, I am a total newbie on this forum so if I have missed this info posted somewhere else, please do let me know

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
While the RP-91 is one of the best progressive players, I think one forum member here reported compatibility problems. A progressive player is a must, but an HTPC is a terrific upgrade. Don't worry about the panamorph, that's for diehards and alot of trouble, for me anyway. Allowme to suggest this, also my route. I don't have an LT150 yet, but I have seen one. I will use an AD-800 APEX player. It costs less than $200 an displays a beatiful picture on the LT150 with most DVD's. That is for now, Then I will build an HTPC after I pay the LT150 off. So it's a way to get started.

·
Registered
733 Posts
There may be compatibility problems with the Panamorph due to the LT150's high throw angle - we'll find out soon.

Shahram's suggestions make a lot of sense to me - IMO go that route.

Cheers,

Grant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.