AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold my house with the home theater included which I had the NEC lT-150 as the projector. I am now ready to buy new equipment, is there a projector out there that is better than the LT-150 for the same price. I really like the LT-150 but I figured I would do some research before I bought another one. What is the LT-150z ? Is that the same thing?

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
3,991 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If you currently owned a Lt-150 I wouldn't see the need to upgrade, but since you are buying a new projector I wouldn't buy one that is older technology unless you get a really good deal. Todays projectors have feature like DVI, HDCP compatible, native widescreen resolutions, much better internal scaling, and some even have improved black levels over the lt-150. The lt-150 is a nice projector especially considering how old it is and it still stacks up fairly well, but there have been significant improvements. And BTW, bulbs are getting harder to find.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
this kills me.

back in aug or sept '01, after the legendary Dell deal, i asked whether or not i should be stocking up on bulbs to hedge against them suddenly not being manufactured anymore, and everyone told don't worry about it- there were too many projectors out there, the gilette razor paradigm, yadda, yadda, yadda.

good thing i still bought an extra bulb a couple months after that, cause i can't find any now.

i've been wondering lately too, if i should get another bulb or consider selling this soon and upgrading to another NEC model.

still love my 150, but resale will be impossible if they aren't making the bulbs anymore ( and resale value was very much on my mind when i invested in this).

anyways, from what i hear the LT240 is an improvment over the 150 and the HT1000 is a further improvement over that.

are they even still making LT150z's?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.