AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screen captures are performed at their native resolution. If you capture somthing that is 1024x768 it will indeed be full screen (I've done it). Capturing from a dvd will only be 720x480 but you can always use the magnify button to zoom it up to full screen. It should be the same effect as watching it scaled to 1024x768.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
U-Bid was selling 128MB CF cards by Viking. I picked one up for $69, plus Viking had a $25 rebate (thru July 31), so it cost me about $50 including shipping. The Viking card seems to write a hair bit slower in my camera (Nikon 990) than a Lexar 8X card, but a heck of a lot cheaper. But otherwise works fine. I haven't tried the card reader in the LT150 yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
How about one of the new 340MB-2GB microdrives? I use one in my Cassiopeia and it works like a champ. 340MB of storage in a CF design.

Hmm, now what to use. Ok, have the toys now just need the ideas. Someone had mentioned doing splash screens like the movies. That would be really cool for PPV fights. I could do a trailer with "upcoming events".

Gotta get everything unpacked before I can play with it. Can't wait to get home to rip open the new boxes.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It is nice to be able to take the digital film out of the camera, plug it into the PJ, and display the pictures right away.

It is also nice that the LT-150 does screen captures to the PC card. If nothing else, it is a good way to capture quickly disappearing computer error messages independent of the OS. I haven't needed that in a while, but it would have helped a lot; many, many times in the past.

One thing I have a question about. I captured a high quality image (NEC capture setting) from Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD, playing on a Tosh 6200 in progressive mode. It was not full screen when I replayed the captured image, but looked great. (I did not look at it critically, though. I have just been thinking about this since then...)

I may try feeding it a 1024x768 signal from my laptop, and see if the snapshot is full screen.

Could someone with a HTPC inputing a DVD image at 1024x768 take a snapshot and mail it to me? How about someone with it connected to HDTV??? email

I am curious about whether it would display full screen, and if so, what my PJ would look like with their HTPC/HDTV. (I know there will be some differences possibly, but the image could be telling.)

It would be cool if this would allow those of us who own the LT-150 to get an idea of what the PJ looked like with different video cards/programs, etc.

Best Regards,

Doug

{edited for typo}

[This message has been edited by shodoug (edited 08-07-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.