AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the scaling capabilities on non-anamorphic discs of the Panasonic RP91 DVD player offer advantages for LT-150 users? I am leaning toward buying one of the Sage powered players coming out (either the Phillips or Kenwood), but it looks like neither will have this feature.

I have to believe many of us new LT-150 owners are looking at a new progressive DVD player purchase. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Jszaf,

I would wait for the Kenwoods. The LT150 has several different aspect ratio selections, including zoom, so this feature on the RP91 is redundant. The RP91 is very good and has some aspect ratio features the LT150 doesn't, but I am not sure you really need them. The RP91's ability to shrink 4:3 material to fit a widescreen is one of its best features, IMO, however, I can live without this. With the Kenwoods being available soon it will probably be worth the wait. In the meantime, I suspect you could pick up a used Toshiba 5109 for next to nothing and this player also works well with the LT150 (set it to enhanced black mode).

If you wait for the Kenwoods you may have an opportunity to try both and then you can decide.

Who knows, maybe the new Phillips player will be the biggest bang for the buck!

Cheers,

Grant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.