AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just got my LT 150 from Dell and I've got it connected to my Denon AVR 5700 via SVideo.

No matter what the source (DVD, Dish, etc) I get 2 bands that slowly scroll from bottom to the top of the picture.

One is lighter and one is darker than the rest of the image. They are about 2" thick and their movement is slow and steady.

Any ideas what it is?

I've got a breakout cable on the way and will try component video soon (then HTPC as soon as I build one).

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I first connected my lt150 via s video and non-progressive dvd, I noticed the same bands, specially in dark scenes.

After that, I noticed a "humm" in my speakers and after a long session of plugging and un-plugging speakers cables and video cables I discovered that the humm was coming from: the lt150!!!.

To make this short, in my desperate rush to connect my first projector I didn't use my panamax protection system but the wall outlet closest to the projector's table.

Bingo!!: No more humm and no more bands.

I hope this is your case too!!.

Pardon my spelling, I leared here in Colombia.

I got my lt150 10 days ago while vacationing in Fort Lauderdale.

Saludos,

Santiago

From Colombia, South America

·
Registered
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by roman schepis:

Any ideas what it is?

Sure sounds like a ground loop problem. Had the same problem with my projector that was plugged into a different AC circuit. I just broke the ground prong off the end of the power cord and it went away. You can also get one of those 3 prong to 2 prong adapters just about anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.