AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be a coincidence, but yesterday I talked to Dell about upgrading my order to overnight and today it showed shipped! I had to call in to get my tracking number, but I see that it is on its way.

My shipping is still ground and not overnight. I wonder if just by having the Dell rep look at my record it was reprioritized, or was it coming anyway?

BTW, my estimated ship date was 8/8.

drewman

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered it on Friday about 4:30pm.

I ordered it ground and got an e-mail saying that my ship date would be 8/8.

I called and checked on my order after several days and seeing some people with a ship date of 8/6 getting theirs.

Yesterday, I called to upgrade my shipping to overnight and got disconnected. When I called back the guy said that it had been done already.

Today, I went to the webpage where it reported Ship Prep for the first time. I called in and my tracking number was waiting for me. So much for realtime - the webpage still shows Delivery Prep and the much vaunted e-mail notify function has yet to notify me of anything.

Went to UPS website. It shows ground shipping http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif But, at least is shipping with a estimated delivery of 8/6.

All I can say is I was feeling very doubtful until this morning.

drewman

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I had a friend with an 8/8 ship date. His arrived this morning, too. I don't think that he called after the original order.

Doug

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered my LT150 on 7/20 am. Last night I checked the web and it changed status from "delivery prep" to "shipping" with no UPS track number. I called today to get the track number on UPS. It is shipping ground with est. date of 8/6. I cannot wait to see this unit finally. Thanks Alan, thanks avsforum.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My status changed to "shipped" earlier today with the message "Your order has completed shipping preparation and should be picked up by the carrier within one business day of the ship date, 07/31/01." Just yesterday I was told that it would'nt ship till 8/13. There is no tracking number so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fingers un-crossed. It arrived today. My initial impression is WOW!!!!! Mind you I am using a laptop, projecting against an off-white wall with quite a bit of ambient light. More details later. Jason just gave me a DaLite HighPower quote. All, I need now is a VGA breakout until I can build a real HTPC. Be patient guys. Looks like Dell is coming through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.