AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen both the LT 150 and the yamaha DPX-1. I am curious as to how they compare. I have an lt 150 on the way and I just witnessed the impressive picture of the dpx-1. I'm hoping the nec is atleast close.

Dan

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I am happy to report that the LT150 is more than just close, it's damn close! In fact upon viewing the LT150 after seeing a DPX-1, I could not tell the difference, except that the DPX-1 had more raindows. I am beginning to think that some home theater products are needlessly high priced just to take advantage of those with money and to leave out those without money. Trust me, from reading your posts, I think you will love the LT150. Be sure to report back when you get it! And if you need a source for a breakout cable that's only $12, let me know

·
Registered
733 Posts
Do I think the Yamaha is good. I bet it is great! Rainbows seem to be the unknown DLP variable here. I have never put down the HT projectors, only their manufacturers for pricing and service.

My excitment about the LT150 nearly six months originated with a shootout between some presentation projectors and my Marantz HT projector. I keep a level playing field as best I could - same room, same screen, same lighting, same scource (AVS HTPC). My Marantz looks very good when feed with the HTPC! I was shocked when I compared the little LT150 to it - I preferred the LT150 and I was somewhat dismayed since my Marantz was only a year old and I had paid considerably more for it than what the LT150 cost. The LT150 was also much more flexible in set up (it did a lot more). It took a second look at the LT150 before I would admit to myself just how good it really was.

The lesson for me was - take a good look at what's out there before you lay down your hard earned cash. This forum is full of posts from members who have discovered other projectors that offer viable alternatives to the HT products.

Cheers,

Grant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.