AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, there is a lot of talk that the Grayhawk is not good with this projector...why? The Seleco 200 (800 lumens too) looked phenomenal on this screen. Has anyone actually used the .95 gain Grayhawk with the LT150? I see many diy grey screen posts, but not one person with an actual Grayhawk. I can see how the Da-Lite High Contrast would not work (only .80), but it seems almost all DLPs are below 1000 lumens and work great with the Grayhawk...why not the LT150? Are people trying to use this with ambient light or something? That would definitely not work it appears....

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Arrow---I apologize for saying no one had tried this proj with an actual Grayhawk, and i just saw your write-up, and was wondering if you could expound on the grayhawk and LT150 you saw....the Star Trek pictures look pretty darn good. It would seem the great black level and contrast you got was due in part to the Grayhawk.

·
Banned
3,477 Posts
Hey Keith, I tried the 150 with the Grayhawk and just couldn't get the colors right. I had that and the LT155 on hand at the same time and the 155 looked MUCH better. When I owened an Infocus 350 it looked good with the Grayhawk. Sometimes things just don't work together and this seems to be one of those unfortunate deals. From what I had read about this projector I wanted it to work, but I bought the 155 and am very happy with it.

Scott

·
Registered
846 Posts
Keith,

I thought the blacks and contrast were terrific on the gray screen.

But if I were you, I'd go with Grant who has much more experience with this projector and pass on the gray screen.

--Les

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.